icon

Class D or T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Raid 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2002 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  

I am going to be running 2 10" MTX Blue Thunders 2 ohm.  Is there any advantages to a class T amp.  I

have used Memphis mono blocks in previous installs and it has power.  Any thoughts?

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 21, 2002 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

Hey RAID,

Class T is the new rage in car audio !  There are many advantages as you can read in the info taken from the company that has proprietary rights to the technology :

http://www.tripath.com/tech.htm

Class-T digital amplifiers provide the audio fidelity of traditional linear (Class-A/B) amplifiers with more than twice the power efficiency of these devices. This leads to higher levels of integration and smaller packages at the semiconductor level. At the system level, these advantages reduce the size of power supplies and heat sinks and significantly reduce the heat management challenges of today's dense, complex electronic systems. While pulse width modulated (PWM) switching amplifiers (Class-D) can also achieve similar power advantages, none have been able to do so without a significant compromise in audio fidelity. Hence Tripath's new designation, the Class-T digital amplifier – the new standard in audio performance and power efficiency. 

I just wanted to add that this technology is more significant in mid to high frequencies but doesn't do much audibly to an amp driving a pair of subs. . . in a trunk. . . while driving 80 mph down the road. . . with a Borla exhaust. . .well...you get the picture! Class D or T - Last Post -- posted image.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
Raid 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2002 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Big Dog

What the hell, I am going with the class T for the whole system!!!  That link you put up gave me all the info I need. 

Jeff

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic