the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper will not work when cold

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sundown57 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2016 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sundown57
So I finished installing the viper 5305v into my daughters 02 Jetta automatic.the remote start worked perfect till Christmas morning when I gave it to her and it ran for about a minute and half then shut off. I found out if it sits over night at 28 degrees when I remote start it it will only run a little over a minute. but when I warm the engine to normal it works fine and runs the full 12 minutes. Any suggestions ?
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2016 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
Hook up the tach connection.
sundown57 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2016 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sundown57
I did run a wire from the coil to the violet and white, and did to the start engine with key, press and hold control button till blue light stays on steady, like I say it works fine when warm so I believe it it seeing the tach . but shuts down when cold
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
TACH NOT RED / PURPLE or BROWN (AC) any fuel injector
From Bulldogsecurity.com
They do list three version of the Jetta. Jetta, Jetta with PW, Jetta without PW.
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
sundown57 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sundown57
smoleman1 . I think you are on to it. I had the tach wire hooked to one of the coils . last night I reset tach learn twice with no problem. This morning I tried the RS and it shut off after 90 sec so I pulled the fault code and got code 2 overrun. So thought I would try raving it a bit and reset tach learn. That failed 3 times. the light just flashed. so I moved the wire from the coil to an injector. reset tach learn on first shot and it stayed running this time. Only problem now is I'm not sure if I fixed the problem or warmed it up working on it . so plan to let it sit for the day and try again tonight. thanks for the input .
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
I was going to suggest an injector next, that will probably correct it.
sundown57 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sundown57
I tried it again tonight and it seem to be working .   so now I need to know w. why doesn't it pick up the coil when cold but works fine when warm ?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Sometimes I don't want to know why. It keeps me awake at night. viper will not work when cold -- posted image.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
john ogrady1 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote john ogrady1
With coil on plug ignition systems I found you never got a good tach signal.Most of my installs the tach comes from the negative side of the injector.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic