the12volt.com spacer
icon

Wiring 2015 Accord Sport, Compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crazyboom 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2017 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crazyboom
Here's my info (THANKS to the member who posted the spreadsheet) can someone please check for errors?               
Vehicle Information:          2015 HONDA ACCORD SPORT, 4 CYLINDER, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, STANDARD KEY               
Alarm / Remote Start Unit:          COMPUSTAR 7000AS/Pro T11 2-WAY REMOTE               
Bypass Module:          IDATALINK BLADE-AL(DL)-HA6               

Alarm / Remote Start / Bypass Unit                          Vehicle
Connection            Connection
                 Color               Description             Color            Polarity          Location:
High Current Ignition Harness (CN1)                         

12V Constant (pin 1)               Red        Constant 12V "power wire"     White (50 AMP)        (+)          Green Ignition connector above upper fuse box, or main ignition connector under steering
            column
12V Selectable (Default Parking Light, pin 2)      GREEN / WHITE      Programmable output (+)      Red                 (+)          See Above
12V Constant (pin 3)               RED / White      Accessory and starter output             White (50 AMP)        (+)          See Above     
12V Selectable (Default Accessory (pin 4)             White               Accessory/HVAC blower motor             Orange          (+)          See Above
12V Selectable (Default ignition 2, pin 5)             Blue        2nd ign, 2nd acc, or parking lt out     N/A                  (+)     
12V Starter (pin 6)        Yellow               Starter 12V (+) output             Blue                  (+)          See Above
12V Ignition (pin 7)        Green                Ignition 12V (+) output/input             Green          (+)          See Above
Ground         Black               Ground (-)               To chassis ground         (-)          Vehicle chassis ground

Blade Connector (CN4)                         

Ignition connector side (pin 20)             WHITE/ Black                       Brown            (+)           Transponder plug (pin 2) connector side
Ignition vehicle side (pin 10)      WHITE/ Red                       Brown            (+)           Transponder plug (pin 2) vehicle side
CanH (pin 6)                BROWN / Red                       Pink         DATA           Transponder plug (pin 4)
CanL (pin 16)                BROWN / Yellow                       Blue         DATA           Transponder plug (pin 3)
Key Data         ORANGE / Black                       Grey         DATA           Transponder plug (pin 6)
Ignition Input                 Pink                   Ties into WHITE/ Red on vehicle ignition side      Brown              (+)           Transponder plug (pin 2) or ties into the WHITE/ Red wire from Blade Connector

Programmable Output Channel (CN5)     
So far nada....
I also have a few questions:
1. I would like to wire the remote's AUX 1 to the window defroster... what wires can I use and do the brains need to be programmed? I know where to access the defroster wire and I have a weblink account and USB connector, but do not own an OP500...
2. I've read that the ground to chassis limits the RF signal range of the remote. Is there a better place to ground the system? Any experience with this situation?
3. Is it possible to wire a windows up feature as an aux? If so how hard and labor intensive is it?
4. I'd be wiring both the siren, and thermistor. Where is the best place to, and how would you mount them?
THANKS again for all your help!

crazyboom 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2017 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crazyboom
Can someone with more rest and a better knowledge of relays look at this and help me????
The instructions are pretty straight forward and include this diagram...
Wiring 2015 Accord Sport, Compustar -- posted image.
As you can see it shows 86 as the ignition/green wire and 85 as the ground trigger for relay/GWA blue wire from the RS. HOWEVER, when I compare the actual relay that was provided it appears these two have been switched. Am I imagining things? It seems that this flys in the face of conventional wisdom; however, I did just complete a 13 hr flight and probably shouldn't be tooling around with this stuff right now...
Any assistance is greatly appreciated...
astuff 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2017 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote astuff
Yes, it is different from drawing but does not make a difference except for debugging purposes. 85 and 86 go to the coil that activates the relay and can be reversed without issue.
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2017 at 5:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
It actually doesn't matter. A relay like this will activate with voltage on one coil terminal and ground on the other, and if you reverse the connections it won't hurt anything.
Some relays have a diode placed between terminals 85 and 86, and with these relays you'd need to pay attention to the polarity of the connections. Without the diode, they're interchangeable.
crazyboom 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2017 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crazyboom
Thank you!
I knew that there was something I was missing! I never even looked to see if the relay had a diode...
crazyboom 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2017 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crazyboom
Thank you!
After a full nights sleep I'm able to see much more clearly and your answer confirmed my thoughts. I didn't even think to check for a diode ...
crazyboom 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2017 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crazyboom
I'm looking for the wiring diagram of the 2013-2015 Honda Accord window controls.   Trying to add the vent feature to an AUX off of a Compustar 7000AS.
Thanks!
crazyboom 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2017 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crazyboom
Week-end warriors, install professionals, and DIY'ers
Now that I have your attention...
I'm installing a Compustar 7000AS and would like to know if there are any reasons not to install the supplied system LED? Why not? On the flip side where would you place it? It's going into a 2015 Honda Accord Sport...
Thanks!!
crazyboom 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2017 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crazyboom
When the weather is to cold to work on your ride outside, or take your scoot for a spin, great minds turn to unsolved mysteries...please help me solve mine.
I have a relay installed on a Compustar 7000AS for anti-grind/starter kill, wired as pictured below.
I would like to add the ability to vent my windows using the AUX 1 output (it can provide a 250 mA (-) signal for 0.5 seconds or is programmable up to 99 seconds, but has no "validity" mode like other systems). The end goal is to enable AUX 1 to vent the windows at almost any time, just not during start up. I believe that at a minimum I'll need to borrow the GWA from the 7000AS (wire I used in the anti-grind relay), add some diodes, and if I'm not mistaken it may be best to add another relay. How would you wire all this to achieve the desired effects?
Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2017 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
As far as installing it, it's your choice. It gives an additional indication of the added alarms status, both as a theft deterrent or helpful indicator for you. If you want to use it primarily as a theft deterrent ( the car already has a Factory Alarm system and an ignition immobilizer system ) you would want to mount the LED in a easily visible area. Personally, I prefer not to drill extra holes in cars so if I mounted it, I would place in in one of the dash knock plugs ( where heated seat control, fog light switches, etc go ). That way it would be somewhat visible, easy to install and reversible later on by obtaining an inexpensive new / unmolested plug from the dealer or scrap yard.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic