the12volt.com spacer
icon

cm7200 and fortin int-sl+

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iluvgunz 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iluvgunz
I am trying to instal a cm7200 remote start and fortin int-sl+ bypass in my 2001 jeep grand cherokee. I used to be a professional installer back in the early 90's. I still have a passion for car audio but I just do it for my own vehicles now and then. I was hoping that someone might be able to help me out with a vehicle specific install guide from compustar as I am not a dealer. I know where all my wires in the truck are, I am just trying to figure out which wires I need from the 20 pin harness on the cm7200. Seems like this compustar has a lot more options/wires than what I remember back in the day :) The main high voltage power harness is all wired up just trying to figure out the twenty pin on the cm7200. It looks like I only need four wires on the bypass and the rs-232 to the remote start. the generic guide for the cm7200 was of no help.
Thanks again
Tom
iluvgunz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iluvgunz
I should also say that I'm just looking to lock/unlock the doors and start the truck.
iluvgunz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iluvgunz
Anyone have access to computech3.com?
It would be greatly appreciated
2001 jeep grand cherokee laredo
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is the full CM7200-s manual :
https://techfeed.compustar.com/ft_controllers/manuals/CM7200_Full_Install_3.00_EN.pdf
Here is a Pictorial on your Jeep using an iDatalink bypass module :
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=137527
Soldering is fun!
iluvgunz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iluvgunz
Thank you for the reply. Ive seen both those documents and what they all leave out are the connections that are made between the bypass and the remote start
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Personally, I would go W2W between the two modules. I can make up a chart for you if you wish.
Soldering is fun!
iluvgunz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iluvgunz
These are the wiring schematics that I have. Its just making the connection between the two besides the rs-232.
A chart would be awesome! I am a visual learner. CN5 is the harness on the cm7200 that i am working with. CN1 is already wired up.
cm7200 and fortin int-sl+ -- posted image.
cm7200 and fortin int-sl+ -- posted image.
kreg357 
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
For me, W2W is easier to visualize. It makes sense with easy to follow hardwired connections. It takes a bit longer but
provides reliable results. Here is the wiring.
CM7200-s CN5       
1 Blue/White POC#1 GWA not used
2 Brown       Siren Out not used
3 White       POC#2 Horn Jeep Gray/Orange @ Steering Column connector       
4 Light Blue/White           (+) Foot Brake In        Jeep WHITE/ Tan @ Brake Pedal
5 Blue/Black POC#3 Lock INT-SL+ Light Blue
6 Light Blue (-) E Brake In            not used ( manual transmission only )
7 Blue        POC#4 Unlock              INT-SL+ White          
8 Violet/Black(-) Trunk Trigger        not used ( MT and alarm system )
9 ORANGE / WhitePOC#5 Disarm              not used
10 RED / White Door Trigger In (+/-)     not used ( MT and alarm system )
11 Orange     POC#6 Rearmnot used
12 BROWN / White(-)Keysense In            not used
13 Violet/White              POC#7 TrunkINT-SL+ Light Blue/Black
14 Pink       (+) Trigger Start In      not used
15 Black      POC#8 Status Out          INT-SL+ Blue      
16 Gray/Black (-)Hood In to kit supplied hood pin
17 GREEN / WHITE(-) Parking Light Out     not used
18 Yellow/Black              Tach In    INT-SL+ Orange Black
19 RED / Black (-) Start Out             not used
20 WHITE/ Black(-) ACC Outnot used
For the Parking Light, get a 30/40 Amp SPDT relay and wire as follows :
Relay Pin 85 to Chassis Ground
Relay Pin 86 to CM7200-s CN1 Pin 2 GREEN / WHITE (+) Parking Light Output
Relay Pin 87 to Chassis Ground through 1300 ohm resistor
Relay Pin 30 to Jeep Yellow Parking Light MUX wire shown in Pictorial
Soldering is fun!
iluvgunz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2017 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iluvgunz
First I'd like to thank you! this has helped ENORMOUSLY! The way that I was going to wire it was using the data link then only needing four connections to the cm-7200. It looks like you prefer the without datalink method. Second I forgot to mention the factory alarm arm/disarm. Also what kind if info/data does the INT-SL pull from the OBD2 connection. It doesn't look like a true can bus system are no hi and low can bus wires.
Thank you again for the tremendous help!
kreg357 
Posted: March 07, 2017 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I have found that W2W always works while D2D can sometimes be temperamental. Additionally, there are 3
different D2D communication type formats, so matching the R/S to the bypass module is a big factor.
You will still need to make those 4 connections between the INT-SL+ and the Jeep. As you can see in
the Pictorial, the iDatalink bypass module also provides the Brake signal while the INT-SL+ does not.
The older J1850 connection at the ignition connector is the predecessor to the newer CAN systems. It
is a Data bus system. Typically, that connection can supply signals like Tach, Brake and Door Triggers.
It can also accept commands for Lock, Unlock, Trunk release, Arm, Disarm and the transponder bypass
data.
In the Jeeps case, with the Factory alarm, a Lock will also Arm the Factory alarm system and an Unlock
will Disarm it. That is the way the INT-SL+ handles those functions.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic