the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 4806v into 2001 jeep gc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jwmsguu912 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2017 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jwmsguu912
Hello everyone need help I'm installing a viper4806v into jeepgc 2001 and all I get is seven clicks out of viper unit anyone willing to help
my understanding is red red red/blk red/wht connected to red 12v in keep
H3/8 pink to dark blue in ign switch h3/5 violet to yellow ign switch h3/6 orange to red/blk acc.1 ign switch h3/3 pink/wht to acc.2 orange/blk ignswitch h3/2 pink/blk nu all blk wires ground to chassis then I have h2/12 violet/wht to cool h2/9 gray to hood pin h2/20 brown to brake switch h2/13 blk/wht to chassis and a 455j interface module hooked up to light driver kick panel or under dash light also this ford transponder keybypass wired in as well so all I get is seven clicks from viper is this a programming issue or did I forget something? Anything from anyone would be more than where I got thank you guys very much
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2017 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Is the Jeep a Auto Transmission? Sounds like the Viper unit is in manual transmission mode.
Should have started a new separate topic for your install.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
jwmsguu912 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2017 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jwmsguu912
Jeep is automatic and this was the only place it would let me post and on another note I can't seem to get into programming
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2017 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
did you ground the thin blk/white netural safety wire? and did you hook up light flash? pretty hard to program without the light flash hooked up.
jwmsguu912 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2017 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jwmsguu912
Yes neutral safety is grounded but this light flash which wire is it it? thank you so much for postin back
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2017 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
sorry it's a viper, light flash doesn't do that much vs compustar, but it still should be hooked up. What happens when you try to get into programming mode?
jwmsguu912 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2017 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jwmsguu912
Well I'm trying to go into programming I turn on then off press an hold, there's no honk and the led steadily flashes
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2017 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
were you able to program Tach? if you didn't hook the horn wire (gray/orange @ horn switch), it won't honk.. Just to be sure, you are turning the Jeep to "on"? two clicks, not the first "accessory"?
jwmsguu912 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2017 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jwmsguu912
yes horn is hooked up to gray/orange and I do turn two clicks and am at the jeep now trying again
jwmsguu912 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2017 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jwmsguu912
I'm so... you know I guess the door had to be open to get into programming I got it into automatic I set flex relay to acc.2, but now the car only starts and dies after a second something I'm forgetting I think again thanks to everyone for the posts 12volt rock daps to all
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic