the12volt.com spacer
icon

1992-1996 Toyota Camry door lock wiring location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jbenrod 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2017 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jbenrod
I have found two different wiring diagrams for the door lock locations on the 92-96 Toyota Camry. One shows that the lock/unlock wires should be found in the passenger kick panel (blue plug); while the other shows to find and use the wires in "front of fuse panel"
Does anyone know what might be the difference is in using either of the locations for keyless entry ?
Will it make any difference if I want the install to offer priority drivers door unlock?
POWER LOCK   BLUE/WHITE (TYPE B)   IN PASSENGER KICK PANEL, BLUE PLUG
POWER UNLOCK LIGHT GREEN/RED (TYPE B) IN PASSENGER KICK PANEL, BLUE PLUG
Door Lock    Light Green (-)      Front of Fuse Panel 
Door Unlock Dark Green or Blue  Front of Fuse Panel, Child Safety 
jbenrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2017 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jbenrod
Keyless entry 92-96 Toyota Camry:
OK, it looks like using the "front of fuse panel" option will also require using two diodes and "Y" connect to the unlock wire because of the Toyota Child Safety Wire.   
Alternatively, using the "passenger kick panel blue plug" option should eliminate dealing with the "Child Safety Wire".
1. It seems there is really not that much of a difference from what I can figure - anyone have more to add to why they choose one location vs. the other?
2. However, if installing a new system offering the priority drivers side door unlock; would the best design be to identify and cut the wire going to the driver side motor/actuator and adding a relay which should take care of the stage one unlock? And then running a wire across over to the passenger side kick panel to pick up the unlock for the second stage (the other doors)?   I'm not sure if or how one has to deal with that "Child Safety Wire" if I go this route?
Any help appreciated.
jbenrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2017 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jbenrod
Anyone worked on these old Camry's?
I don't want to purchase an alarm with the priority drivers door unlock feature unless I think I will be hooking it up as described above.
97f150ext 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2017 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 97f150ext
Are you dead set on having the driver priority door lock feature?
jbenrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2017 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jbenrod
No. I guess I don't have to have the driver priority unlock but I do sort of like it on my other vehicles since I'm often the only one driving at a time. That is why I was trying to get a handle on how the installation will differ. I've noted many of the alarm/keyless entry's do not even seem to offer 2 stage unlock on the basic models.
I do not want remote start and expecting to stay within the Omega family (e.g. Excalibur, K9, Freedom, Crime Guard). Right now I am considering the Omega Excalibur AL-560 (features about same as their K9 Mundial line) or maybe the K9- Classic edp 2.
I may not use the shock sensor and just replace it with a proximity sensor.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic