the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4806 install problem, 2011 Honda Ridgeline RTL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
larryrm 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2017 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote larryrm
Yes, I am able to program the Rach to any option.
When connecting the pink/white to the black/yellow, do I cut the connection between the pink/white and the white/black?
Orange is wired to yellow. Which vehicle wire is radio and which is heater?
Thank you!
LarryM
larryrm 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2017 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote larryrm
Yes, I am able to program the tach to any option.
When connecting the pink/white to the black/yellow, do I cut the connection between the pink/white and the white/black?
Orange is wired to yellow.
Which vehicle wire is radio and which is heater?
Thank you!
LarryM
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2017 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Disconnect the pink/white from the white/black and connect it to pink going to black/yellow. I don't remember the radio accessory color so you have two choices. 1. Test the wires. The one that comes on when you turn the key to the first position is the radio (the radio will be on). 2. Trial and error. Leave the orange to the yellow, remote start it, then check if the radio is on or the heater is on. If the radio is on, move the orange over to the white/black.
larryrm 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2017 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote larryrm
OK. I rewired the pink/white to the pink to black/yellow.
The vehicle still does not start with the remote. I cranks only.
One difference is that I can start it with the remote when the key is in the ignition and on, then remove the key with the vehicle still running. It does not die as it did before when removing the key. I can then shut down the vehicle with the remote.
Does that help.?
Thanks.
LarryM
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2017 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
Have you verified that the fuse is good on the solid red wire? When doing your voltage testing, make sure you test the wire on both sides of the fuse.
It sounds like the pink/white flex output is programmed for accessory, not ignition, which is why beegbie's work-around isn't working yet.
larryrm 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2017 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote larryrm
Update...
I rewired the pink-white back to the white-black, where it was before.
Tested Pink wire again.... Pink wire on its own is still not putting out current.
I then jumpered the voliet (pin 5) to the pink wire (pin 8). The remote started the vehicle but it then died in about 1 sec.
I also tried reprogramming everything. Same results. Died after one second. Same if I used virtual tack or wired tack, option 1 and 4 on item 2, menu 3.
I also tried option 1 (ignition 1) and 2 (acc.2) on item 8, menu 3 which is the flex relay. Same results.
Hope this tells you more.
Thanks,
Larry
LarryM
larryrm 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2017 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote larryrm
PS... all fuses tested and good.
LarryM
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2017 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
It tells us we have more than one issue including a defective module. Could you list all of your connections from both the remote start and the db-all to the car?
larryrm 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2017 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote larryrm
Here are my tables for connections from the 4806 / DBall to the vehicle...
Viper 4806 install problem, 2011 Honda Ridgeline RTL - Page 2 -- posted image.
LarryM
n8man 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2017 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote n8man
my diagram shows 1 ignition and 2 accesorry. ign 1 black/yellow acc 1 yellow acc 2 white/black
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic