the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 ion cm7200

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spooge031 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2017 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spooge031
help
I am attempting a remote start install with a cm7200 and blade al
flashed the blade to the GM4EN software and installed as per the diagram and programmed BUT I get NO crank when I attempt to do a remote start, it boots properly and lights the dash correctly but tries to trigger the start circuit on the brain, what did I do wrong?
learned the tach locks and unlocks properly even pops the trunk if I start the car and hit the start button then pull the key it stays running like it did a remote start,
brake switch is working
learned tach properly
even programmed the blade OK just no crank
spooge031 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2017 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spooge031
sorry forgot it's an 06 ion quad coupe
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2017 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Did you connect the CM7200 White Accessory (+) wire to the ION's Brown ACC wire?
Soldering is fun!
spooge031 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2017 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spooge031
the pink wire from the blade harness was tied to the accessory wire on the ignition switch
pulled 12 volts from the battery
ignition green wire on the cm7200 to the blue wire on the ignition switch
cut the white Passlock wire and spliced the white/black from the blade harness to the connector half and tied the yellow and white/red wire from the blade harness together and that spliced to the harness half all according to the BLADE-AL(DL)-GM4-EN TYPE 1 diagram
and the orange wire went to the purple data wire on the OBD2 connector
it seemed to program OK but when i went to crank to program the passlock it actually cranked and the cm7200 is triggering the start wire on the harness (i tried BOTH the heavy wires and the low current wires both have the same problem)
do i need to tie the white accessory wire AND the accessory wire from the blade to the ignition switch?
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2017 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Yes. There's a note in the diagram that reads:
"STANDARD 12 VOLT, IGNITION AND ACCESSORY,
STILL REQUIRED FROM THE REMOTE STARTER.
MULTIPLEX CIRCUIT IS CONTROLLED FROM
MODULE USING DATA, THEREFORE NO ADDITIONAL
RELAYS OR RESISTORS REQUIRED.
The accessory dropping out on the pink wire is what tells the blade to give the start resistance. Right now, it's never powering up so it can't drop out.
spooge031 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2017 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spooge031
ahhh i saw that note and thought the accessory was FROM the blade so i'll tie 2 accessory wires together tomorrow after work (it's my girls car) too bad i soldered and heat shrunk everything already but if that's all i messed up on i'll be having a very good day
THANK YOU
please have a GREAT Labor Day or whatever's left of it
spooge031 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2017 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spooge031
just an update THANKS the white wire not being connected was the fix i simply misunderstood the diagram
this was my first blade system but probably won't be my last.
just letting her decide if she wants parking light or not now
again thank you
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2017 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Using a Compustar system with a Blade module makes for a clean, reliable install. You just can't beat iDatalink for
features, ease of programming and reliability. Just remember that the bypass module install diagrams always show
the necessary bypass module wiring but don't always show all of the necessary R/S unit wiring. Your GM vehicle does
not have a "Starter" type ignition wire. It uses the Accessory wire going to +12V the same time as the Ignition wire
and then briefly dropping back to 0V to initiate an engine start sequence. The Blade to vehicle Accessory connection
was marked as a Blade input signal and only monitored the Accessory wire. The Compustar still controlled the engine
start sequence with it's Ignition and Accessory outputs.
Soldering is fun!
spooge031 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2017 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spooge031
again thanks for the assistance my girl is very fond of this unit, i think i'll be using compustar units now

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic