the12volt.com spacer
icon

2017 Tundra G-Key Viper 5706v DBALL2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
35chaser 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2017 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 35chaser
Hi all,
I just did my 2017 tundra security remote starter install today. Everything worked great, I didn't realize the dball2 does not provide factory disarm. My factory alarm went off when I remote started. Anyone know where I can find that wire? Also, the Toyota vehicle has a nice oem lock and unlock chirp. Is it possible to tie into that wire? or do I have to use the viper siren? I don't want the loud horn honk as my chirp. Is there any other way?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2017 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
While I'm not a big Viper user and don't use DB-ALL's, according to the TL7 Install Guide, the DB-ALL2 should
control the Factory Alarm system on the 2017 Tundra. That being said, the DB-ALL2 should be set to Feature 5
Enabled for Smart OEM Alarm Control, which is the Default setting. Additionally, the Viper Remote Start Safelock
should be Enabled, Menu 3, Feature 16, Option 2.
Soldering is fun!
35chaser 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2017 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 35chaser
kreg357 wrote:
While I'm not a big Viper user and don't use DB-ALL's, according to the TL7 Install Guide, the DB-ALL2 should
control the Factory Alarm system on the 2017 Tundra. That being said, the DB-ALL2 should be set to Feature 5
Enabled for Smart OEM Alarm Control, which is the Default setting. Additionally, the Viper Remote Start Safelock
should be Enabled, Menu 3, Feature 16, Option 2.
Thanks kreg357, I ended up using the factory disarm wire this morning. Everything works great now. I read the manual and like you said the dball2 should have done all that for me. I guess the guy that flash the module disable it. Maybe one day ill go back in and take a look and change the settings on it. but for right now it'll do its job for this winter. Thank you for the input. Do you know anything about the Toyota factory chirp? is it possible to tie into it?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2017 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I use iDatalink bypass modules. Think I had to do a "unlock before and lock after" remote start on the last Tundra I did
to disarm the Factory alarm on remote start-up. Too bad Vipers don't have that programming option.
As for the Toyota factory lock tones, as far as I know you can't tap into that system manually. If I remember correctly, with
iDatalink modules, a lock or unlock from the aftermarket R/S system will produce the factory tones on most newer Toyota's.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2017 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Vipers do have that option, menu 3 option 16 "safestart" always program it on the Viper, not the DB.
kreg357 
Posted: October 05, 2017 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The Viper expert from afar has good info. 2017 Tundra G-Key Viper 5706v DBALL2 -- posted image.   You learn something new everyday!
The way I read the Remote Start Safelock description led me to believe it only locked the doors and set the alarm during
remote start-up and after R/S shutdown. It didn't mention anything about an unlock / disarm prior to remote start-up.
16. Remote start Safelock
1. Off: the Door lock and Factory Alarm Re-arm outputs will maintain the current status (locked/un
    locked) during remote start and after shut down
2. On: the Door lock and Factory Alarm Re-arm outputs will arm/lock the vehicle during remote start
    and after shutdown
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2017 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes young colonial, unlocks, starts, locks.
35chaser 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2017 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 35chaser
I use the factory disarm wire from viper to the factory disarm wire from the plug going into the driver door jam. The car remote starts no problem without unlocking before and locking after. Everything has been working great and range is awesome. Viper has not let me down yet.
ht030115 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2017 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ht030115
35chaser wrote:
I use the factory disarm wire from viper to the factory disarm wire from the plug going into the driver door jam. The car remote starts no problem without unlocking before and locking after. Everything has been working great and range is awesome. Viper has not let me down yet.
i have same problem with my 16 tundra, the alarm randomly go off when remote start.. if u mind, may i ask which wire did u used for factory disarm?
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2017 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
I love db-alls but the ads-alca is a superior module for a Tundra. Not only does it give you the Toyota "chirps" when locking and unlocking, it also doesn't require unlocking then re-locking when remote starting for factory alarm disarm. It actually keeps the factory security armed while the truck is remote started.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic