the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Directech Generic Account Will Be Terminated

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2017 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
+1 with Howard. Lucky for me I'm only stuck with a few XK0x's and one DB-ALL2 that I never had a need for.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2017 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Bloody heck Kreg, quick look at my emails and I thought I'd received the dreaded letter!
Remember what I told you about emailing me a year ago if you had problems?
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2017 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dcman41
its really sad directed chose to go this route. I have always recommended DEI products for all of my installs but not anymore! Ill choose to go to a company that offers some sort of support for users that are not distributors. I do roughly 15-20 remote starts a year on the side so this is kind of a huge hit for me as i have a bunch of DB2/DB3's in stock right now that i cant do anything with. They honestly couldn't make a login to just let us flash the firmware and edit the config of our modules? This was the last straw for me. Im not saying im the best installer in the world but i do excellent quality work and am very knowledgeable about mobile electronics, yet their saying goes "the product is only as good as the installer" but directed has a bunch of unqualified people at bestbuy and local shops that have pretty much no idea what the hell they are doing and they get access to flash modules and install their products. I just installed a 5X10 in my car and forgot to change the run time so now its stuck on 12 min unless i want to unplug it and bring it to a shop that has access to directechs whose probably gonna charge me $20.00+ to change the damn setting. Absolutely horrendous choice on directed's part. I emailed their customer service about this issue 2 weeks ago but didn't even get a response from them lol.
rudykazoo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2017 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rudykazoo
Can you clarify which parameters require adjustment?   If I install this in an older vehicle, with no theft deterrent and no databus, will all the standard functions work normally right out of the box without any adjustments of the programming?   Years ago I installed a number of DEI systems and never had an issue. I'd like to put a 2 way system on my 97 Bravada, but I dont have access to change any of the parameters.   
    Thanks in Advance!
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2017 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
most options can be changed using the antenna / remote. Unless you want a random run time like 17 minutes, or need to unlock the transmitter programming function.
97f150ext 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2017 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 97f150ext
Add me to the list. I was extremely frustrated when the email was sent. I have been installing DEI since 2002. I have installed hundreds of units, and then once I semi-retired, have only installed 5-10 a year. I still enjoy installing on my personal vehicles, and friends or family. However, given they have decided to turn their back on us, I have no choice but to try another brand. I have a bitwriter and XKloader that will collect dust. eBay, Amazon, O'Reilly's (they sell a DEI remote start unit) all will be hurt by this decision. Luckily I don't have too many bypass units on hand, but what I do are now garbage. The sad thing is, had they offered a service for the weekend warriors like myself, for say $50 annually (maybe more), I would have paid this and went on with life.
I've even gone so far as to offer authorized dealers a fee to add my email to their list. Hasn't worked... Nearest dealer is an hour from me.
Reeceddogg 
Copper - Posts: 329
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2017 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Reeceddogg
Im in the same boat. I only install 10 or so remote starts a year mainly for family. But i have several dei products i can not use. guess theres going to be a lot for sale on ebay. If anyone decides to come together for a joint account count me in.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2017 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zerepdivad
Wow I logged on right now just to ask about this since I saw some Amazon reviews about this. I'm not doing this professionally anymore but I still do it on the side for friends and family and I always would use Directed products. I think I still have an FLPROG, does anyone know if they have done the same thing?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2017 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
zerepdivad wrote:
Wow I logged on right now just to ask about this since I saw some Amazon reviews about this. I'm not doing this professionally anymore but I still do it on the side for friends and family and I always would use Directed products. I think I still have an FLPROG, does anyone know if they have done the same thing?
I would try to log in to the FlashLogic WEB site ( http://www.flashlogic.com/weblink/ ) and see what happens.   IMHO you are better off using FlashLogic ( or iDatalink ) products anyway.
Soldering is fun!
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2018 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zerepdivad
What are you guys out there using now for wiring diagrams? I used to use a combination of Directechs, readyremote, Audiovox, Bulldogsecurity, and here. Now I just have bulldog and here. I liked having more than one diagram for reference.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic