the12volt.com spacer
icon

Fiberglass Beginner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quarinteen 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2017 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quarinteen
Hello, I am looking for some information. I want to attempt to make a fairing for a motorcycle out of fiberglass. I understand how I believe but I need information on how to make the mold or more where to get the right foam for the mold that will be large enough. Can anyone assist on what the best way to make a mold is? If something is better than foam please let me know. Thank you.
shark mobile 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shark mobile
Any boat supply place will have access to fibreglass foam. These places sell resin and gel coat and typically everything you will ever need to build your mold.
Some really great videos on YouTube...too many details to explain the process on here.
Solder, tape, repeat!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic