the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar won’t set reservation mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j_koz 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j_koz
I have the CM7000 brain with the PRO T11 remote and using the Blade Bypass installed in a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with Manual Transmission. After initial install the unit worked flawlessly. The problem I’m having now is the unit is not setting reservation mode. I do the whole process with the e-brake and foot brake and I get out of the Jeep and close the door and she doesn't shutdown until a minute or so later. I then attempt remote start and it displays ERROR 07 which is reservation mode not set. I called compustar about this and he had me reprogrammed the remotes and toggle valet mode on/off but no dice. It seems this issue started when we had a bad rain storm and it was triggering the proximity sensor so I disabled the shock sensor 1/shock sensor 2 by holding lock/unlock and all was fine. The next day I drove to a store by my house and I attempted to put the car in Pit Stop mode by holding the remote start button for 2.5 seconds. The remote showed an error and the jeep did not shut off. I later wrote an email to compustar tech support and they told me that I cannot use the pit stop mode with a manual trans vehicle. I called compustar today and I explained that the remote start is not working and also displaying error 7. After we did the whole remote reprogramming and toggle of valet mode on/off he suggested I bring it to a shop and that the brain may need to be reflashed. I do have the OP-500 programmer but not sure if this is something that can be done via that. Thanks again for dealing with me and my bs.
2 wire hook em up. 3 wire f em up.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If you have the ADS USB cable and user access, try this link Compustar won’t set reservation mode -- posted image.   :
           http://compustar.idatalink.com/weblink/
I ran a 2006 Honda Civic with 5 speed manual transmission and a Compustar CM6200 w/Blate TB for a few years. Reservation mode always worked fine.
Soldering is fun!
j_koz 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j_koz
Thanks for the reply Kreg but I don’t have the cable and I believe only dealers can get access to the actual weblink site. I was thinking there must be some type of reset I can do. Otherwise I’ll take the Blade to a local shop and have it flashed. It seems as if the compustar brain is not recognizing the door pins through data when the door is closed. In the idatalink bypass instructiona it says I can Factort Reset the Blade cartridge but does that mean it will erase the Jeep firmware that was flashed on it?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Doing a Factory Reset on a iDatalink bypass module does not erase the firmware currently loaded. It only resets the bypass back to defaults and loses any vehicle transponder programming. Makes it just like it was just flashed. It's easy to do. After the reset, just do the vehicle programming again.
Tech Supports suggestion to re-flash the brain refers to the CM7000 unit itself. I think the current version is V3.25. Reflashing the CM7000 will reset it to factory defaults, too.
Where in NY are you? PM is OK.
Soldering is fun!
j_koz 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2017 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j_koz
Many thanks to Kreg for his help and guidance through this! The end result was the Keysense wire was NOT needed. The Compustar instruction manual states keysense MUST be used with manual transmission vehicles. I had called i-Datalink last week while doing the install to ask if the Keysense wire was needed on my install of if the Blade Module will receive this info via data. The tech said it did not matter if I wired the keysense or not. Well it turned out it did in fact matter. Glad she’s working alright now and just in time for the winter chill!
loganemakf 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2017 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loganemakf
I told you that keysense connection was suspect! Where in the manual does it say keysense is reqd. for MT’s? Seems like an odd requirement...
j_koz 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2017 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j_koz
You were right Logan! I just glanced over the manual and it says reccommended for manual trans.
j_koz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2017 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j_koz
Ok guys so the saga continues. The Jeep not remote starting problem is fixed after I removed the keysense wire. The issue I’m havin now is the same as I posted last week. If I leave the Jeep running and then open the door and exit the vehicle the system arms/locks with the key in the ignition and the Jeep running. Then it will unlock. Last week I had this problem and logan was thinking it was something with keysense. Now that the keysense is out of play I’m really stumped. I tried reprogramming the remotes to do a “soft” reset and no dice. I’m afraid this damn thing is gonna lock me out one day.
loganemakf 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2017 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loganemakf
How is the e-brake wire hooked up? That sounds kind of like the brain always thinks the e-brake is set.
j_koz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2017 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j_koz
E brake wire is hooked up wire to wire. I felt like the system waa not recognizing that the key is in the ignition and as soon as the driver’s door closed it armed/locked the system but then it realized that the engine is running with key in the ignition sonit diasrmed/unlocked. So with this in mind I decided to change Option 1-06 - Reservation Lock (Manual Transmissions) from The Default Setting of I (Locks before reservation mode is set) to Setting IV (Locks after reservation mode is set). The system seems to be working good now. I hope this is the last thing and thanks Logan for all your replies!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic