the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Forester, Avital 4105

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Describe your "test light" and connection setup.   The 4105 (-) Starter output is probably rated at 200mA. You would need a computer safe LED tester to really check it out or a Digital Multi Meter. That being said the relay wiring shown in your post above should work fine for that application. If for some reason the 4105's (-) Starter output was bad, you could use that second method keying off of the (+) Starter1 wire. You could use the 4105's second (-) Status Output if you went W2W and were using the Dark Blue (-) Status Output already.
That positive voltage your were seeing at Pin 85 was coil feed thru from Pin 86 and its' connection to +12V. This indicates that the test light you were using is supplying the ground path thru its' ( incandescent? ) bulb.
Soldering is fun!
muncleike 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2017 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
its just a basic probe
2010 Forester, Avital 4105 - Page 2 -- posted image.
connected to ground and you are correct the lead from the remote start is - 200ma its a very tiny wire and I think it may not be supplying what it needs for the relay? all I know is when I was touching it with the probe and tried the starter it turned over every time (but didn't stay running). if it was just the wire from the 4105 it did not try to turn over at all. I wonder if the relay is bad, its unused but has been sitting around for years. I may try the other one later. the immobilizer is making this a pain, I have installed dozens of remote starts back in the day. I should have just hid a key in the steering column :( thanks for any and all help!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2017 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You really can't test that way. The 4105 is outputting a (-) signal and you have the test probe connected to chassis ground. Both are the same thing.
The 30/40 Amp SPDT relay only needs 75mA to hold in the ON position.
You could test the relay by using your test probe to check the Pin 30 output during a remote start attempt. It's output should mirror the 4105's Violet Starter1 (+) output. You could disconnect the relay from the cars Starter2 wire and check it that way. Even a static test on the relay removed from the 5 wire harness with +12V to Pin 86 and ground to Pin 85. The relay will click and there should be continuity between pins 87 and 30.
You can eliminate the bypass as an issue by holds a key up to the ignition switch during a remote start attempt.
Soldering is fun!
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2017 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
1) is the DBALL programmed ?
2) did you submit the Key2go ?
muncleike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2017 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
yes its programmed I bought it off ebay and they programed it for me, it does attempt to start so I assume its working. as far as the key2go I have no idea what it is and assumed it had something to do with the programming they put on the immobilizer. the Directechs website wants certified installers only so I cant get in to do anything. I was an installer back in the 90's but that does me no good now. This is the first time I have had to deal with am immobilizer and have no idea what the process is.
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2017 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
key2go is the 2nd part of learning/ coping the key... when you say it tries to start, is that with the key in the ignition? assuming you car has an immobilizer..
muncleike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2017 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
well as it turns out I needed to connect the tach wire :( fro what I remembered we only hooked it up for standards. none the less its only works with the key in the ignition. I emailed the people I got it from and they told me I have to send it back to them to have the key2go part done! needless to say I am not happy, I have been fighting with this thing for a week thinking it was my install when they left out the fact I need to send it back to finish the job! I have been driving around with this thing hanging under my dash for a week and now I need to ship it from ny to ca and back before I can finish the install! going to look for someone local before I send it out. I know this ebay seller is getting a 3 star review from me!
kreg357 
Posted: November 15, 2017 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Hate to say it, but you should have checked the DB-ALL install guide for that vehicle. It would have given all the necessary programming steps and Key2Go is in there somewhere. Yes, the seller should have mentioned it but I wouldn't be too mad at them. You might find it real hard to get a local shop to do the Key2Go portion for you at this point. Remember that all the bypass module programming steps up to Key2Go must be successfully completed first or Key2Go won't work.
Soldering is fun!
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2017 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
you could always skip the key2go, and lose a key. and use the DB3 for convenience features only (which includes data tach) This might be the best option, unless you want to reconnect the IMMO wires you twisted together while you are shipping it / waiting for it to come back
muncleike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2017 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
yeah kinda kills the point for me really, I already sent it out going to be like 2 weeks before I get it back :( now my car sets the alarm every time I lock the door and my factory remote don't work, so when I open the door the alarm going off :P
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic