the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002-2004 Toyota Camry Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
monkman911 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2019 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Kreg,
Update, got the system installed and running.I do have a real brain scratcher though. When I lock the car, the trunk opens.I triple checked the trigger wire going to the relay and it is from the correct pin on CON4. Also I can't program the options. I hooked up the tach like you suggested but need to change 2-10 to run in tach mode. Here is what I am doing:
Hood open to disarm system
Lock+Unlock for 3 seconds wait for flash
Lock+Key for 3 seconds wait for flash
Tap Key button to get to the option in menu 2 I want to change
I can tap the key 3 times waiting each time for the confirmation flash and when I get to 2-4, the car will flash 3 times and won't let me go any farther
I am hitting the Key button immediately after each flash.
Any thoughts?
Thanks again for all of the help!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2019 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
For the Trunk issue, double check your CN4 connection. It's possible that you got the pin sequence reversed. It goes like this :
CN4
1 Empty
2 Violet/White...(-) Trunk Release
3 Orange/Black...(-) Driver Priority Unlock
4 Blue....……...(-) Unlock
5 Blue/Black...….(-) Lock
6 Empty
Pin 6 is at the bottom of the controller and Pin 1 is next to CN5. If that is the way you have it, try switching it to the second from the bottom.
For the CM900-s programming, I really can't help much. Using the remotes is rather arduous so I spent the money for the OP-500 programmer. Makes life much easier. I can also set the options with the ADS USB cable on-line ( even without a Blade module plugged in ).
I'm pretty sure the CM900-s comes in Tach Mode but the install guide is very confusing. It mentions MT Mode but they should be Auto Trans only. The write up doesn't match the Tables shown.
As for other necessary programming, I would set 1-07 to opt 3 for the Trunk.
Soldering is fun!
monkman911 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2019 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like they reversed the pin labeling on the CM900 LOL!
2002-2004 Toyota Camry Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 2 -- posted image.
2002-2004 Toyota Camry Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 2 -- posted image.
I found a used OP500 on EBay, should be here later this week. I love this R/S, I came into work today and was able to start it through 4 walls and having my car parked at the back of the lot (300 feet I'm guessing). The factory FOB for Toyota normally takes a 2 second press to unlock the trunk so I'm thinking along with changing 1-10 to option 3 also changing 1-09 to option 3.
Thanks Kreg!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2019 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
Double check you programming guide. Looks like you are using the CM800-s and not the CM900-s version. The 2 second Trunk Release pulse won't make it open faster, it's just a longer output for those cars that won't pop the trunk with a one second pulse.
Well, if you are going to get the OP-500, you might as well make good use of it. Below is the info for the Rear Defroster :
Rear Defrost   YELLOW/GREEN (-)   8 PIN CONN, FRONT RIGHT OF FUSE/JUNC BOX
The Yellow/Green wire will test as (-) when the rear defroster is turned ON.
You can set one of your un-used POC's to Option 17 - Defrost and set 3-14 to Option 3 for a seven minute latched output. Connect that POC wire to the Yellow/Green and you are all set, unless you wanted to get a Temp Sensor and plug that into CN-7.    With the Temp Sensor you can use 3-13 to select a turn on temperature.   2002-2004 Toyota Camry Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 2 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
monkman911 
Posted: March 25, 2019 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, you're right, I was looking at the CM800 table instead of the CM900 when I was posting that. Since I have to get back in the dash to hook up the trunk correctly, I am going to take your suggestion and hook up the defrost. Is there a reason for 3-14 option 3 instead of 4?
kreg357 
Posted: March 26, 2019 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged  
No, not really. Seven minutes usually does it, but the entire R/S run time won't hurt anything.
Being as your car doesn't have a Factory Alarm system, there is no reason to unlock the doors prior to a Trunk Release. Think I mentioned that programming change previously.
Soldering is fun!
monkman911 
Posted: March 26, 2019 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Before I hook up the defrost, i would like to include a temp sensor because I would rather not have that running in the summer. A quick Google search yielded nothing. What am I looking for specifically?
Thanks Kreg!
monkman911 
Posted: March 26, 2019 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Disregard, I was able to find one from Lock Down Security in Canada, $9.99 CAD.
kreg357 
Posted: March 26, 2019 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Cheaper than Ebay for $19.99.
Soldering is fun!
monkman911 
Posted: March 28, 2019 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Kreg! Have you figured out how to hook up the horn trigger to the car module that sounds when you use the factory remote? I am not a big fan of the horn honking for the lock and start functions, I would prefer the soothing sound of the factory chime.
As always, I greatly appreciate your expertise and guidance!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic