the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Ram 2500 Audio Upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeshow 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2017 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
Hello. I'm slowly gathering parts to upgrade the audio in my 11 ram 2500 CCLB. So far I have a Pioneer Avic X950BH head unit. It's nice but not enough. I have a Kenwood KFC6895 6x9 on the way to replace the rear 6x9s. For the front doors I'm in a bind. There seems to be a depth issue when mounting most 6x9s. There's only about 3" available behind the speaker opening. I'm looking at a SOUND STORM EVO2900.5 amp that will power both sets of door speakers and a single 10" sub under the rear seat.   Whats a good 6x9 componet set? I was looking at the Rockville RV69.2C 6x9 but at a tmd of 3.35 it won't fit unless I use a 1/2 spacer then there could be clearance issues with the door panel. For being such a massive truck you'd never expect it to have no room for something. Especially when it comes to audio equipment.
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2018 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
2011 Ram 2500 Audio Upgrade -- posted image.
Looks like the front door speaker only has a 3.1" mounting depth. The Kenwood 6x9 speakers I got have a 3.2 tmd. Going to make some spacers out of some 1/2" plywood and see if they'll work without hitting the door panel.
nubiannupe 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2018 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nubiannupe
At my shop, we've installed numerous JBL Club 9600C's in those Ram's with no clearance issues whatsoever. They're not an overly expensive speaker (about $100 on Sonic Electronix website), and they handle a decent amount of power (90 watts RMS/270 watts peak). And BEST OF ALL, is that they have a 3" mounting depth! WhooHOO!!
G. Rick (aka; Tha "R")
**Peter North is my idol***
MECP-Certified 1st Class Installer
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2018 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
The Kenwoods claim 115w rms each. I've started on the spacer but won't finish with them until tonight
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2018 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
The spacer was a no go. Looks like there's only about 1/4" from the speaker to the door panel when their installed. I'll run these in front until I save up some money for my component set. Looking for some 6.5" speakers now
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2018 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
Forgot I actually have 2 brand new Boss 6.5" speakers. Nothing fancy but they'll work for now. Just have to get some adaptors for the 6x9 opening to mount them.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic