the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 rogue, lock unlock wries

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fourstate 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2017 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fourstate
i bought a viper 4105 and db3 for a 2016 rogue with the key not remote start ready and the diagram that was sent to me with it shows the unlock- and the lock- wires different than what is in the pictures in the wiring diagram they sent. so i'm worried about all the other connections. when i try to unlock and lock from viper remote lights flash correctly but no actuator, and wont start but lights flash like it wants to then flash 8 times , when i unplug the viper the locks actuator move, like a short maybe, diagrams or tips would be greatly appreciated.thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2017 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
lock beige BCM under driver dash, gray 40 pin plug, pin 10
unlock lt. blue BCM under driver dash, gray 40 pin plug, pin 40
fourstate 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2017 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fourstate
Those are the wires I have connected now but still no unlock or lock just lights ,his diagram was wires on the black plug on the bcm I connected to first but then noticed the difference in the photos
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2017 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
Audiovox has pink and brown wires at bcm behind glove box pins 45 and 46
bat9905
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2017 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
Idatalink diagram shows pink and brown at bcm under steering column pins 12 and 13. Use a meter to verify. They are a very reliable source
bat9905
fourstate 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2017 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fourstate
what am i going to read on the pins to check?12v or neg pulse?
thanks
fourstate 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2018 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fourstate
Can anyone tell me how to test the unlock lock wires and also how to test the viper unit , when I lock or unlock lights flash correct just no actuator but it I unplug the 2 wires from the remote start and plug them back in the actuators move
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2018 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Set your Digital Multi Meter to 20V DC. Connect the Red test lead to a +12V constant source.
Connect the Black test lead to the (-) going suspect Lock wire. Press Lock on the Factory
Remote ( or door control switch or use key in door cylinder turned to Lock ). The DMM should
go to +12V momentarily while the Lock signal is present.
Same routine to test the Viper outputs. Red test lead to one of the Vipers thick Red +12V
fused input wires. Black to either Blue ( or Green ) lock output wire. Press Unlock ( or Lock )
on the Viper remote. The DMM should go to +12V for around a second.
Soldering is fun!
fourstate 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2018 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fourstate
Thanks for your help, wires on the car check out but on the viper on reads 12v and the other reads 6v and they don’t change when I click lock unlock on the viper remote, is there anything that could cause it or is it toast,
Thanks for all your guys help , your amazing
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2018 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Probably toast. Put the DMM on the Viper Disarm wire. It should give an (-) output with Unlock command.
Also try the Arm output wire. It should produce a (-) output with a Lock command.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic