the12volt.com spacer
icon

2017 Camry SE H-Key Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ggora 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2018 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ggora
Hello,
I recently had a Arctic Edge 2x remote start installed in my 2017 Camry SE with H-key standard ignition. The remotes do not lock/unlock the car unless the car has been remote started. The trunk button does not open the trunk. Also once exiting the vehicle I have to lock the car manually with the OEM remote and then press the lock button on the Arctic remote before I can remote start the vehicle.
Tell me if I am crazy but it sounds to me like the shop put the wrong firmware in the Blade-AL. Or something is wired wrong. Shop insists this is the way it works.
Anyone have any input or experience with this?
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2018 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
None of this is right. Wrong firmware will not cause these issues either. Try to get your money back.
ggora 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2018 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ggora
So playing some more today. I found that the remote controls the doors and trunk once it has been remote started. Also once the car is off the parking lights flash when the lock/unlock or trunk buttons are used but they do not lock/unlock the doors or open the trunk.
While I am considering getting them to remove it and get my money, they are a reputable shop in the area and I want to give them a chance to resolve this. It would appear to possibly be a programming issue? I am going to ask them to contact Arctic or Compustar on Monday.
bogucki 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2018 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
something is definitely wrong, im a professional installer and done this car many times before with the H key. The door locks should work both when the car is not running and when car is remote started. i would try to get them to fix it, if its installed properly the bypass module could be defective very rare but can happen or they can also hardwire the door locks to the compustar brain to fix the issue, the door lock wires can be found at the bcm/ecu it should be a fairly easy fix. it can't be a programming issue if it remote starts , if its remote starting the bypass is flashed with the proper firmware and is programmed correctly, it has to be one of three things, 1. Malfunctioning bypass module or compustar module (rare). 2. Incorrectly installed. 3. if the first two issues are not the issue hardwire the door locks.
boguckialex
ggora 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2018 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ggora
bogucki
Thanks. I downloaded the CM-900 and Blade-AL manual and verified all of their wiring to the ECU and the OBD, it is correct. I didn't check the ignition wiring as I assume since it starts it is correct. The other thing I have been seeing is every once and a while when I lock or unlock the doors with the OEM remote the Edge 2x remote will indicate the door status change. But it is not consistent.
bogucki 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
thats very strange... not really sure what the issue could be with out seeing the car first hand.. i would hardwire the door locks and turn off the door lock feature though data on the program menu for the blade but you need a usb cable to change the setting on the blade and its something the shop that did this install should be fixing
boguckialex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic