the12volt.com spacer
icon

Dodge Durango Unlock Sequence

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trey003 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2018 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
I need help with a 2000 Durango door unlock sequence.
My factory keyless units unlock the drivers door with 1 press. A second press unlocks the remaining doors.
After installing a Viper remote start, all doors unlock at the same time.
Is there any way to make the Viper unlock only the drivers door?
I am working on a 2000 Dodge Durango.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2018 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
In drivers kick panel in bundle going into the door there is a blue wire and an orange black. These 2 wires go directly to the drivers door motor. Directechs has it as 5 wire. If you just want to do unlock, you should be able to do just 1 wire.
trey003 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2018 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
I did not ask my original question correctly. Is there any way to make my viper unit unlock the doors the same way the factory keyless does? 1 press unlocks the drivers door, 2 presses unlocks all other doors. Thanks for your help.
trey003 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2018 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
Am I asking my question incorrectly, or is what I am trying to do impossible? Any help is appreciated.
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2018 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
You didn't mention which Viper unit you have in either of your topics, but look for priority unlocking in your installation manual.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
trey003 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2018 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
Thanks for responding. It is a Viper 150 ESP. I am currently using a 451M with resistors to handle the lock/unlock functions. It is working fine. I am just looking for a way to unlock the drivers door first without unlocking the other doors until I am ready to unlock them. Basically, I am trying to mimic the factory keyless operation. I do not see any mention of priority unlocking in the Viper manual.
wirewise 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2018 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
From page 19 of the Viper 150 ESP Installation Manual
Dodge Durango Unlock Sequence -- posted image.
trey003 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2018 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
That makes sense. Thanks for your help.
I am sending lock and unlock to a Lt Green/Orange wire. Currently all doors lock and unlock at the same time. What I do not understand is how to unlock only the drivers door first.
wirewise 
Posted: January 29, 2018 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
Use the main door unlock output to do as IAAI said to do earlier:
i am an idiot wrote:
In drivers kick panel in bundle going into the door there is a blue wire and an orange black. These 2 wires go directly to the drivers door motor. Directechs has it as 5 wire. If you just want to do unlock, you should be able to do just 1 wire.
Then wire the 2nd channel output to where you currently have the main unlock output and program channel 2 accordingly.
trey003 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2018 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
Now it makes sense. Thank you.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic