90 Honda Accord Remote Start Wiring, Python 5305P

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1320cb7 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2018 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
Python model 5305P
I need help with the whole remote start side of the alarm.
I have the keyless entry part installed. I'm just lost with this 2nd ignition and all that. 90 Honda Accord Remote Start Wiring, Python 5305P -- posted image. 90 Honda Accord Remote Start Wiring, Python 5305P -- posted image. 90 Honda Accord Remote Start Wiring, Python 5305P -- posted image.
1320cb7
jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2018 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
You’re Car doesn’t have a 2nd ignition. All you need to hook up is ignition,starter and accessory.
No better feeling then getting a remote start to work right!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2018 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
Not needed don't bother.
But do power up ALL of the fused wires.
1320cb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2018 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
So I need #6 & #7 for starter #10 for ignition 1 also #5 needs constant power what about #1 fused 12v accessory /starter kill relay input?
1320cb7
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2018 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yes.
Red
Red/white
Red/black
and red on the other harness must all be powered up.
You can also program the pink/white on the main (high current) harness as your second ACC.
Seriously if you have to ask these questions should you be attempting this?
Possibly the most simple install around.
1320cb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2018 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Just wanted to make sure... Which ones do I use?? 90 Honda Accord Remote Start Wiring, Python 5305P -- posted image. 90 Honda Accord Remote Start Wiring, Python 5305P -- posted image.
1320cb7
jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2018 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
You need to look at the 10 pin heavy gauge harness to do the remote start. From that 24 pin harness you would have to connect the black/white to ground and the violet/white to the uncommon color at a coil. Best of luck.
No better feeling then getting a remote start to work right!
1320cb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
Ty very much! The remote start is done. Just needed help with this last bit. Just want to make sure I have everything lined up correctly before I start stripping and soldering
1320cb7
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
Just a few thoughts. The info given so far is accurate for a 1990 Honda Accord with Automatic Transmission. If your car
is not an Auto Trans vehicle, there are many things that must be done to ensure a safe install.
Assuming Auto Trans, there are at least 2 more connections needed from the 24 Pin harness.
You will need to connect the (+) Brake wire, Brown wire at Pin 20, to the vehicle Brake wire,
GREEN/WHITE (+)   @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL.
The (-) Hood Pin wire, Pin 9 Gray wire, should be connected to the kit supplied and installed
hood pin. This is an important safety feature.
On your older car, I would suggest connecting the Tach wire to the vehicle's Blue wire at the
distributor. This provides a stronger signal that a F.I. Additionally, a Tach Learn will
have to be successfully completed.
Additional connections might be needed if your car has the factory alarm system but you mentioned
that part of the install was OK.
Soldering is fun!
1320cb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Good point. I drive manual transmission. NEVER EVER! Leave it in gear! I always use my parking park. Ive always adjusted it every other month. I wanted to use the e brake signal for the safety neutral? Is that a possibility?
1320cb7
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic