the12volt.com spacer
icon

CM7200, 2004 Ford F-350 Diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arayray94 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2018 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
I had a CM7200 installed in my 2004 F350 Powerstroke Diesel. First we tried voltage sensing only, no luck. Next we tried the factory tach wire provided, no luck. The truck would start for 20 seconds and shut off 3 times until it would give an error. Next I installed a DEI signal generator, it worked a few times after install until the next morning when the truck didn't start and now it is back to running for 20 seconds and shutting off 3 times until it gives an error.
Any advice? I currently have all 3 DEI wires hooked up and it is providing 1.5 volts ac to the brains tach input. I have tried all 3 wires separately and it still does not work.
arayray94 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2018 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
After the truck is started, if you apply throttle the volts raise to over 2.5 volts ac and the remote start remains activated. Can I simply add a 1 volt ac amplifier?
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2018 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Does it fail the tach learning process?
Does it have anti-grind start feature? If so - you can use 3 second assume start feature.
arayray94 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2018 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
No it does not fail.
I am pretty sure it does not have anti grind.
arayray94 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2018 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
The truck only starts and shuts off after 20 secs on a cold start. If you apply throttle or the truck has been driven around and is warm, it will activate properly. I have tried relearning it on cold starts and warm starts.
eguru 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2018 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
So if you start it manually, it keeps running?
arayray94 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2018 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
Negative, here are the situations:
Cold start w/o applying throttle after startup: starts and shuts off after 20 seconds, attempts to start 3 times then sends signal to remote w/ error code
Cold start w/ applying throttle after startup: remains running and sends signal to remote that the start was successful
Hot start: starts as normal, no throttle required
eguru 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2018 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
So I must be missing something here because I don't understand why you think this has anything to do with the R/S (tach signal or otherwise).
arayray94 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2018 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
This is with activating the remote start.. the brain is not getting the required volts from the signal generator to actually know if the engine is started.
arayray94 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2018 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
I adjusted the signal generator and switched wires. It is outputting about 2.7 volts ac now. Relearned the tach and still when you remote start it, it will run for 20 secs and shut off unless throttle is applied.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic