the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Line Output Converter Installation, Lc7i or Lc2i?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lee@loudhouse 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2018 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee@loudhouse
Hello, I have a Chevy 2016 equinox. I don't want to change my factory head unit but I want to install 2 kicker compR,monoblock amp, and a four channel amplifier for my door speakers. And of course new door speakers. I never used an audio control Lc7i or Lc2i line output converter so I am wondering which one would be best for my situation. I also have a factory amp and subwoofer which is what is confusing me. Do I have to rum my factory amp wiring to the l.o.c and then to the aftermarket amp? Also I have a center channel speaker in my dash that in would also like to replace and amplify. So question is which l.o.c do I get out of the two?...how do I go about getting all channels to work and amplifiy?..and how to wire it?
loudhouse
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2018 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Is the factory amp only for the subwoofer or all speakers?
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 22, 2018 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
lc7 for multiple amp set up. speaker wires from deck or factory amp go to the lc7 then it will give up rca outputs to go to the amp from there. Then of course amps go to the speakers
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
lee@loudhouse 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2018 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee@loudhouse
I believe it's for the speakers and sub.
loudhouse
lee@loudhouse 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2018 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee@loudhouse
Thank you so much that's exactly what I needed to know. I usually use bulldog security,metra online,crutchfield and Google to find wire locations and colors on veichles when doing installs. Does anyone have any other websites to get wire locations and colors from? The 2016 chevy equinox LT seems to be very hard to find wire colors for. I need to know which wires are for what speakers on the factory amplifier and of course which ones are power,ground,etc. I want to come from the factory amp to the lc7i instead of the Head unit.
loudhouse
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 26, 2018 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
You need to use rear door speakers for input to both the front and rear channels of your 4 channel amplifier. It you plan to use On Star or factory bluetooth you need to install a small speaker behind or under the dash to use for those 2 things. Fade the radio to the rear so no music will come from the speaker under the dash. It needs to be connected to the front left channel of the factory radio. You will not be able to fade front to rear, you will have to adjust the gains to get the wanted front to rear volume ratio you desire. You are probably asking why is this? Let the door dinger go off one time and you will understand.
lee@loudhouse 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2018 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee@loudhouse
Thank you I will try that
loudhouse
jh1973 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2018 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
i am an idiot wrote:
You need to use rear door speakers for input to both the front and rear channels of your 4 channel amplifier. It you plan to use On Star or factory bluetooth you need to install a small speaker behind or under the dash to use for those 2 things. Fade the radio to the rear so no music will come from the speaker under the dash. It needs to be connected to the front left channel of the factory radio. You will not be able to fade front to rear, you will have to adjust the gains to get the wanted front to rear volume ratio you desire. You are probably asking why is this? Let the door dinger go off one time and you will understand.
Hmm,strange,I recently hooked up a high powered Zapco to the front signals on a 2011 Terrain.Had the gain up at least half way and the door chimes were totally tolerable.
Rumors of Bob but never Bob......So what is it you tell people you do these days Bob?
jh1973 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2018 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
lee@loudhouse wrote:
Thank you I will try that
Just use your front signals for your 4 channel amp and use the rear door signals for your subwoofer.If you find the door chimes to be too loud then I can make you a harness that will allow you to use your stock amp and center channel for door chimes,bluetooth and the other factory functions.No cutting or splicing into your factory wiring either,just plug....plug done!
Rumors of Bob but never Bob......So what is it you tell people you do these days Bob?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic