the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Start, 2000 GMC Sierra 1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ruthers 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2018 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ruthers
Hi there, I hope someone can help. I installed a Compustar CS800-S in my truck. I used a resistor to bypass the pass lock 2. And I used a relay method for my locks. But my issue is is that it's giving my engine codes and defaulting my engine into 2nd or 3rd gear. That being said, can I use the directed 451m instead of the relays I used to convert my polarity from + to -? When I got my truck it came with remotes for the locks and alarms. Does that change the polarity of the wires? Or would the automatically be + and I still have to change it to -? I'm fairly confident in my installation but it's not working and I don't really know wiring. Just trying to follow another postings lead. If I have to, I'll buy the 451m and the avitol unit. But would my issue with my tpm throwing codes P0740, P0753, P0758, P0785, P0787, P0973, P0976, P1860, P2761, P2764 and/or P2769 be solved by using a 451m unit? Or could it be the whole remote start unit? Or my installation? I spent hours carefully installing using a wiring diagram and checking my installation manual to make sure all the polarities were the same, and when I first tried the unit, it started no problem. Just seemed to be after I installed for keyless entry I accidentally shorted out a 12 constant wire.
I also have other gmc issues such as gas gauge, my 12 volt cigarette lighter is tripping the fuse everytime I use it or plug in a obd2 reader
Thanks guys and gals, I know it's probably alot but its my first time posting. Thanks for the help if any
ruthers 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2018 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ruthers
My bad I forgot the info.. I have a 2000 gmc sierra 1500
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2018 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
Did you connect the white 2nd ignition wire? It must be connected for this vehicle.
sparky
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2018 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
+1 with Sparkie...
Soldering is fun!
ruthers 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2018 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ruthers
I'll have a check tonight when I get home. Appreciate the help. I'm pretty sure I connected all the wires, but I'll double check. Thanks guys

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic