the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

93-97 Lexus GS300, Extra Wires w/Speaker Output?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deaner_gs300 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2018 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deaner_gs300
Hi, the first generation 1993-1997 Lexus gs300 with the Pioneer system has an odd looking output from head unit to the factory amplifier. Does anyone have any idea what the wires are in the shielded portions of the speaker output? I'm going to try to find a digital copy of this now to add to this post as my phone died looking for the answer and I'm currently using my girls phone. Thanks in advance for any help!! Ok I found it. The wires I'm talking about are labeled se1 through se4
93-97 Lexus GS300, Extra Wires w/Speaker Output? -- posted image.
Alpine CDE172BT - Infinity PR6500CS 6.5's - Zapco ST2X SQ - SSA Evil-6.5's Mid-bass - Zapco ST2X SQ - Sundown SD3 12" D4 - VFL Comp 2K... 1995 Lexus GS300 - The Frankenstein build & it changes weekly.
deaner_gs300 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2018 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deaner_gs300
I spoke with my old installer friend and he said I could just take the low output signal wires that run from the head unit to the amp and likely just solder the +/- wires to an rca style connection and just run that to my aftermarket amplifier instead of doing what I had already started which was cut the factory amps out wiring and use the output end as my input to a LOC running rca out of the LOC and then my amplifier outs to the other end of the cut factory amplifier out to speaker sections of wiring. What he said made sense but those oddly colored brown w/black, white, yellow etc wires that run in the shielded wire back to the amp have me curious what they are.
Thus I was reluctant to just cut these wires thinking there was something necessary going on there. I can't seem to find any info on those wires. So I just kept on keeping on and tapped the amp out wires to my already purchased loc.
This stupid car has all of this wiring in the southern most corner of the rear of the passenger side trunk and every single wire is as short as can be so needless to say this job was going to be a back breaking labor of hate through and through!!! Wish me luck!
I do have another question about which components to run on which amp. My setup will likely change soon but for now I'm trying to get by with what I have until after I close on my new (and first) house (wednesday supposedly).. So look for another post by me about what to use for what, If you're interested anyway.
Thanks T12V
Alpine CDE172BT - Infinity PR6500CS 6.5's - Zapco ST2X SQ - SSA Evil-6.5's Mid-bass - Zapco ST2X SQ - Sundown SD3 12" D4 - VFL Comp 2K... 1995 Lexus GS300 - The Frankenstein build & it changes weekly.
deaner_gs300 
Posted: July 30, 2018 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deaner_gs300
Shoot... I just noticed that the octagonal symbols noted with letters and numerals around the shielding labeled dotted line! Apparently those are ground points. I guess these output wires have something along the lines of ground loop isolators on the two different stretches of these wires. Maybe they're run with power wires and this is to eliminate noise or something.. Anyway I think I just answered that question myself. Either way thanks guys. I noticed that a few of you looked at it anyway. Though no replies.. And hey if you don't know you don't know. Thanks again T12V

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic