the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5606v for 2007 Toyota Corolla Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 19, 2018 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
If you don't have it connected, you could try the factory alarm disarm wire, too.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
kumaichi 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2018 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kumaichi
That's an interesting idea as well, I looked at the sheet and it looks like you can tell that wire to have a double pulse as well. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll dig that wire out as well and see what I can get.
This site is great!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2018 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Just remember that using the Disarm wire will cause the doors to get an unlock pulse with a remote start command.
Your door(s) will be unlocked during the remote start run time unless you remember to do a lock after the remote startup.
Soldering is fun!
kumaichi 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2018 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kumaichi
You sir are correct, I went back and read it and it does in fact say that is activates on remote start, thanks so much for pointing that out. That's kind of scary, whey would they program it like that?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2018 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
A lot of vehicles have a separate Disarm wire and many need to be disarmed before the Ignition wire goes to +12V
with a remote start. This would turn off the Factory Alarm but leave the doors locked. Connecting the Vipers
Disarm wire to the vehicles unlock wire works but has some extra outputs. Like with a Trunk Release, there is a
Disarm Output just prior.
I'm not a big DEI / Viper user but you might find that using the AUX1 wire with the Opt 6 programming change
might be an exact copy of the Unlock wire, with the programmable double pulse, etc.
Soldering is fun!
kumaichi 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2018 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kumaichi
Right, looks like any of the AUX's can operate as a second unlock with option 6. That's what I'll do then. This means to get in the car, I'll have to hit the Unlock and then the AUX button, which is fine, just have to keep that in mind. Thanks again for all your help. Everything else went in flawlessly, worked right out of the box with all the wiring/suggestions I received from you. Thanks!
kumaichi 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2018 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kumaichi
AUX 1 is setup and seems to work, to get the door to unlock this is the process:
1. Press Unlock (this disables the alarm, two chirps)
2. Press the AUX button.
3. Press the Unlock button, this opens the drivers side door.
So, I was looking at the settings for AUX 1 and it says you can, "Link to Disarm" and I set that but if I just hit the Unlock button, it still doesn't unlock the door.
Doesn't appear that it will do a double pulse, so only the driver side door unlocks.
I guess that's better than nothing, beats carrying around two remotes for sure :).
kreg357 
Posted: September 21, 2018 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You might have Progressive Unlock. That is where the first Unlock pulse just does the Drivers door and
a second Pulse ( within a short period ) will unlock the rest. Did you try that Viper AUX FOB routine
twice in a row quickly?
Additionally. do you have the Viper set to Double Unlock? Menu 1, Feature 6, Option 2.
Soldering is fun!
kumaichi 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2018 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kumaichi
Yes, Progressive Unlock is what I have, even on the factory keyless entry, 1 press, unlocks just the drivers door, 2nd press opens the rest. I didn't try the double unlock with the AUX FOB routine, I'll have to give that a try and see if it makes a difference. I do have the Double Unlock set correctly, the original blue unlock wire will send two 3v pulses. I'll check the WHITE/VIOLET AUX 1 wire to see if it sends two ground pulses when I send the AUX FOB routine.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic