the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper DS4+, 7756V Remote, Antenna?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dissent 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2018 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dissent
I'm buying a Viper DS4+ package for my son's truck. I want to add a 7756V remote to it. I can't determine if the long range antenna functionality is integrated into the base DS4+ package or do I have to add anything to add the 7756V remote. I'd rather buy the 7756V remote from Amazon for $100 vs. Best Buy's $179. Does the DS4+ support short and long range remotes without adding any other hardware?
Lastly, adding SmartStart should just be a plug in from what I can tell but as the consumer, do I have access to the DS4+ through the Bluetooth app for programming??
Thanks in advance!
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 02, 2018 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
The 7756v is compatible with the ds4+ and you don't need any other antenna to go with it. The smart start module will have to be activated through a dealer and you finish the activation by picking your plan and ect. Have fun with the ds4+, i personally despise that unit. Don't count on the Bluetooth range to be anywhere near the 160 ft range the box says. Your best bet is about 30 feet, on a good day . We have had problem after problem with them. Even wiped key codes on a Toyota. My personal advice, buy a compustar dc3 and a prime t10 remote and alarm package and a drone for the phone. just my personal advice. And FYI best buy will match the amazon price as long as it is shipped and sold from amazon on the 7756v remote.
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
dissent 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2018 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dissent
Thanks for the info! I've read nightmares with the DS4 and don't expect much from the Bluetooth honestly. I've decided totally against the long range Smart Start and will be sticking to RF remotes and Bluetooth only.
Both target vehicles are older, 97 Lexus LX450 and 2004 Dodge Dakota. Both are relatively dumb cars and not t-harness compatible. From what I've determined from research yesterday, if I want to use the 7756v remote, I need the RF option for the DS4 which includes the new D2D Control Panel but is this for the extended range (1/4 mile to 1 mile (best case)? You're saying that I don't need the D2D Control Panel? What Control Panel ships with the D2D? Will it provide the full range? I know the real world isn't going to give me a mile based on prior RF Viper systems.
Will I have the ability to configure and tweak the settings on a DS4 (sensitivity, run times, light flash, etc.) using my Android as a customer or must you be an installer to tweak those settings?
mgoetz74 
Posted: August 02, 2018 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
The ds4+ was designed that you don't have to swap out antenna if you went from a one way to the two way. When its programmed with the computer the system ask what remote you are using. Ive done a couple with the 7857v and worked jsut fine. Viper strong suit is the range, all two way remotes are a mile and come pretty darn close to that. Really the only reason to do the 7756v is if your adding on the alarm feature. Remotes will last a a couple years with viper. d2d was used for a bypass modules on the older systems, the ds4+ has the bypass built into it. Installer has to tweek the setting.
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
dissent 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2018 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dissent
Understood, thank you.
I'm looking through the Compustar offerings based you your personal suggestions. This looks very appealing, I wasn't familiar with Compustar but now that I've learned a bit more, I'm heading away from the DS4 to them.
A couple of questions if you don't mind:
How does the Compustar CS6900-AS compare to the separate products you recommended. Is one newer than the other, or more modular or upgrade friendly? It looks like it comes with the PRIME T10 remote.
     - PRIME T10 - 2-Way LCD, 1-Mile Range Remote Kit
     - RS1B-DC3 - Vehicle-Specific Remote Starter
Regarding the DC3; does the RS1B-DC3 seem like the best fit for these older trucks given that it's universal?
Is the Compustar FT-RPS Touch worthwhile and reliable?
Is the Compustar FT-EZGO worthwhile and reliable?
If I go with the Drone later, are all these models above compatible?
Thanks a bunch!!
mgoetz74 
Posted: August 02, 2018 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
no problems at all. If theirs one thing i can't shut up about is car alarms and remote starts, lol. CS6900 is just a RS brain, you would still have to add on the al-ca to do the immobilizer since it doesn't do the blade interface. The dc3 is just like the viper ds4 and the immobilizer bypass is built in, great from basic remote start systems. Still have add drone and alarm kit but the rps or ezgo will work on the dc3 or the cs6900. The FT-rps works fine and is kinda cool, works as advertised. The ft-ezgo works and looks for a little puck that goes on your key chain to unlock/lock the door when you get close to the car. Works ok, little slow for my liking. If you are planning on doing either add on go with a rs1b-al. Comes with the cm7200 brain,blade immobilizer bypass module,comes with one one button remote which doesn't matter if your upgrading the remotes anyways (saves you money over buying the one with the 4 button remotes with the same brain), the ability to add on the ezgo and rps modules. Prime t10 remote is very awesome. Only draw back is it still takes a battery instead of being rechargeable. Remotes will come with antenna for the 2 way. The prime 901 is the same remote just with a rechargeable battery. Could always do the pro t11, 3 mile range Viper DS4+, 7756V Remote, Antenna? -- posted image.
dissent 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2018 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dissent
So, what's the difference between the CM7200 and the DC3? Analog vs. Digital?? Is the DC3 newer?
I can't locate the Prime T10 remote, the Compustar web site only lists the Prime T11...nothing on Amazon either. Is the T11 newer??
Assuming I understand the CM7200 vs. DC3, it looks like the following would be a solid way to go with everything being compatible. This would give us alarm, remote start, long range, immobilizer and a few other bells and whistles. I wouldn't need anything else with this setup...besides perhaps the Drone in the future? I don't think I have any alarm functions in there.
RS1B-AL Universal Remote Starter w/ Bypass
- CM7200 brain
- Blade Immobilizer Bypass Module
- 1x 1-button remote
- Support for RPS Touch and EZ-Go Modules
RPS Touch - Keyless Touch Entry System
OR
RS1B-DC3 Vehicle-Specific Remote Starter
- DC3 Brain
- Integrated Immobilizer, No Bypass Module Required
- 1x 1-button remote
- Support for RPS Touch and EZ-Go Modules
RPS Touch - Keyless Touch Entry System
mgoetz74 
Posted: August 02, 2018 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
sorry meant prime t9, over excited lol. Either should work great, and yes analog vs digital. dc3 is digital and geared more to t harness and was brand new last summer and the rs1b is analog and can't use t harness, which you wont be using either way. At teh same price i would go with the rs1b, more flexibility (menu options,ect) solid unit, not that the dc3 is solid just geared towards basic installs
dissent 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2018 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dissent
Perfect, I think I finally understand the product line. Last thing...I'd still have to add the ALARMIT KIT - Alarm Upgrade Kit for Compustar Remote Starters (Security Add-On) - FT-ALARMIT KIT right?
mgoetz74 
Posted: August 03, 2018 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
yes you have to add on the alarm kit. Adds on the siren,led,starter kill and the shock sensor
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic