the12volt.com spacer
icon

Kenwood DDX374BT Error Message ''Miswiring DC Offset''

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jh1973 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2018 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
Hi all,I have a Kenwood DDX374BT HU and from time to time I get this "miswiring DC offset error code".It shuts everything down but I can still hear sound from my front mids and tweeters very faintly.When I reset the head unit everything returns to normal until the next code occurs and it always happens with music turned up a good ways.The system has a DSP and 2 amps.Only speakers hooked to the deck are the rears and I never even hear them because I have the fader set all the way to the front.The harness behind the radio seems to be fine with no speaker wires grounding out.What could this intermittent problem be?Anybody struggled with this and figured out what it was?Thanks guys,appreciate any input
Rumors of Bob but never Bob......So what is it you tell people you do these days Bob?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 02, 2018 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
A grounded speaker terminal is the most common cause. Make sure the front speaker wires that you are not using are insulated and can not be touching ground.
jh1973 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2018 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
Is the error only associated with wiring straight off the head unit or could it be associated with an amplifier or DSP?
Rumors of Bob but never Bob......So what is it you tell people you do these days Bob?
jh1973 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2018 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
i am an idiot wrote:
A grounded speaker terminal is the most common cause. Make sure the front speaker wires that you are not using are insulated and can not be touching ground.
See my above question,it was directed at you,thanks.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 03, 2018 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
It is referring to the radio speaker wires. There is no communication from your amp and DSP back to the radio. Only the 4 sets of speaker wires on the radio harness.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 03, 2018 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
factory speakers or after market? what kinda vehicle (year make model)?
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
jh1973 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2018 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
mgoetz74 wrote:
factory speakers or after market? what kinda vehicle (year make model)?
2009 Nissan Sentra factory speakers in rear deck are only ones hooked to aftermarket radio.Fronts are taped off behind the radio.
I read somewhere that it could be corrosion behind the metal plate on the back of the radio.
mgoetz74 
Posted: August 03, 2018 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
typically factory speakers are only suppose to last 6-8 years. The rear deck are the worst, especially if your don't have tinted window. The sun shine down on them and degrades the paper cones. I would unhook the back speakers, reset the radio and see what it does. Easiest way to find a blown speaker is unhook them all and start hooking them up one by one till the deck errors out. Could have a voice coil that coming out of alignment and will only short out at a high volume
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2018 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote DYohn
Did you look at what "i am an idiot" suggested? His advice is correct, no matter what you might have read somewhere.
Support the12volt.com
mgoetz74 
Posted: August 04, 2018 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
yeah not gonna have a dsp and you probably don't even have bose so no amp is involved. 99% its a speaker blown. Rare that its the wire leading to the speaker, unless you have mice/animals in the car. The harness behind the radio will be a solid run from the deck to the speakers. I looked at all data and dint see any connection points. probably just a speaker
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic