the12volt.com spacer
icon

Kenwood DDX374BT Error Message ''Miswiring DC Offset''

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jh1973 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2018 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
Well,I am still getting this message from time to time and it always happens when the music is very loud.I have the fader all the way forward so absolutely no sound is coming from the speaker wires behind the deck.The wires coming from the back of the deck are fine with no visible signs of touching metal.I have the speaker wires taped off that aren't being used.
Rumors of Bob but never Bob......So what is it you tell people you do these days Bob?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 14, 2018 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If you have subwoofers in the trunk it is probably the voltage being produced by the moving cone making the radio think it has a problem. Open the trunk and see if it quits. Or unhook 1 terminal of each speaker.
jh1973 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2018 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
i am an idiot wrote:
If you have subwoofers in the trunk it is probably the voltage being produced by the moving cone making the radio think it has a problem. Open the trunk and see if it quits. Or unhook 1 terminal of each speaker.
Now that's an interesting answer.Then cars that have subs in the trunk would have the same problem and it would be an epidemic?
Rumors of Bob but never Bob......So what is it you tell people you do these days Bob?
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 22, 2018 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If you are listening to the speakers the radio is putting out voltage. If it is not on the speaker will produce voltage and the output chip in these newer radios do have protection and it thinks there is a problem because there is not supposed to be any voltage on that wire.
Have you tried disconnecting one wire on each speaker to see if it goes away?
jh1973 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2018 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
i am an idiot wrote:
If you are listening to the speakers the radio is putting out voltage. If it is not on the speaker will produce voltage and the output chip in these newer radios do have protection and it thinks there is a problem because there is not supposed to be any voltage on that wire.
Have you tried disconnecting one wire on each speaker to see if it goes away?
No,but most recent discovery is that the error code tripped with no speaker wires hooked to the deck and the RCA outputs unplugged so absolutely 0 output at any speaker.RCA's were plugged into the inputs on the DSP and that was it.I cant get it to trip without the RCA's going into the DSP though.If I could then I would know it's an HU issue but as it stands I suspect something is wrong with the DSP which is causing the HU to trip that code.Been testing various frequencies with my O-scope and was not getting a clean reading with 40hz.All other frequencies gave me a clean reading but 40hz was giving me a scattered wave.So it's looking right now like something goes haywire in the DSP at lower frequencies like 40hz.Going to continue running tests and isolating things,problem with this whole thing is that it happens VERY intermittently.I can't get it to trip on demand so it's frustrating as hell.
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 22, 2018 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
There is absolutely zero communication from the DSP to the radio.
jh1973 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2018 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
i am an idiot wrote:
There is absolutely zero communication from the DSP to the radio.
I know you said that before but the evidence now is saying differently.The code tripped with no speaker wires from the deck hooked to any speakers.Only the RCA's were hooked and running into the DSP.It's detecting a DC offset through the RCA's that go into the DSP.It has to be because none of the speaker wires were hooked up to any speakers the last time it tripped.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic