the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 Volvo V70 Alarm Installation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gtdms 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2018 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gtdms
geepherder wrote:
While I don't have the vehicle in front of me, it seems like the toughest part (may not really be that difficult) is running two wires into the door to control the power locks. If you can do that, the rest should be fairly simple.
An alternative would be to purchase a module from Fortin or Xpresskit to simplify your wiring. I can't attest to their reliability, though:
https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/volvo/v70/2002-standard-key/
https://directechs.com/VehicleCompatibility? VehicleYear=2002&VehicleMakeName=Volvo&VehicleModel=V70&__RequestVerificationToken=CfDJ8KaFf5gLp3VCngv4yerkDFNfnjYwrBBYItJxu8qvTFD8djavY14A2U2G0Syq4vxrnPhK2LL4Ndy_4KaXVu8iDQNK_rPqgvhmaDE1Ore1jooRj0_JjUXiZbNQKDrb6NIArDxaPkx2uY8LRFSz1UhiRXk
that sounds promissing...Ok. Now I have managed to make the car alarm siren to work, I replaced the siren with a working used one and it seems to works. The only thing I would need in this car is the fobs remote keyless entry system to work and the price for this is prohibitive by volvo. The question now is if I can install the keyless entry system which I have posted above in conjunction with the original factory fitted alarm . Someone has suggested if i do this my car alarm will start everytime i open or close the car with remote is that right? Could anyone confirm if what I would need if I would want to install the lanbo LB-405 to my car. I assume I can use the factory fitted actuators? What about the factory fitted fob receiver? Would I need to remove this this is inside the middle rear mirror I think? You mentioned I would need to wire the door? But I assume I could reach these wires from inside the car wihout have to open the door? I am attaching the full instructions of the lenbo-lb 405 2002 Volvo V70 Alarm Installation - Page 2 -- posted image.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 08, 2018 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
gtdms wrote:
The question now is if I can install the keyless entry system which I have posted above in conjunction with the original factory fitted alarm . Someone has suggested if i do this my car alarm will start everytime i open or close the car with remote is that right? Could anyone confirm if what I would need if I would want to install the lanbo LB-405 to my car. I assume I can use the factory fitted actuators? What about the factory fitted fob receiver? Would I need to remove this this is inside the middle rear mirror I think? You mentioned I would need to wire the door? But I assume I could reach these wires from inside the car wihout have to open the door? I am attaching the full instructions of the lenbo-lb 405
According to the information listed on Bulldog, you should not have issues with the factory alarm if you connect to the wires at the driver's door lock cylinder, because your keyless entry will be arming/disarming the factory alarm directly. I recommend testing this first to see if it will work. Remove the door panel from the driver's door. Insert your key into the lock cylinder on the driver's door. Using your multimeter, test the wires connected to your door lock cylinder for a ground as you slowly turn the key. If one wire goes to ground when you lock with the key, and the other goes to ground when you unlock with the key, then you're good to go.
Looking at the image you posted, you should be able to follow the diagram in Figure C. No need to do anything with the actuators or the factory receiver, etc.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
gtdms 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2018 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gtdms
thanks all this info you have provided help me a lot. Many thanks . What about the trunk release for the lanbo? where the wire of the trunk can be found in the car? on this car original remote shows a button for this function but at bulldog page shows this as N/A. Don't know how to procedure for this particular function.2002 Volvo V70 Alarm Installation - Page 2 -- posted image.
gtdms 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2018 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gtdms
Sorry to keeping asking so many questions but At bulldog says to take the 12v direct from battery , I assume this canbe taken from ignition as the battery on this car is at the back of the car.
this is the lanbo remote control ...2002 Volvo V70 Alarm Installation - Page 2 -- posted image.
geepherder 
Posted: September 08, 2018 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Check for a trunk release relay. If you can't find one, it could be built into one of the modules. If that's the case, you may be able to use the trunk release output from your keyless to drive a relay to power the factory solenoid.
As far as power, if it's just for keyless, you may still be able to use the constant lead at the ignition switch. Of course if you need to add a relay for the trunk release, you'll want to use a different source anyway. Check your passenger compartment fuse box(es) for a fat wire with constant power you can tap.
gtdms 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2018 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gtdms
ok thanks for the info.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2018 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Let's not confuse the readers by switching to a question about the Hyundai remote install when the topic was originally for a Volvo.
Suggest you delete your last post and start a new thread with an appropriate title.
gtdms 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2018 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gtdms
geepherder wrote:
While I don't have the vehicle in front of me, it seems like the toughest part (may not really be that difficult) is running two wires into the door to control the power locks. If you can do that, the rest should be fairly simple.
An alternative would be to purchase a module from Fortin or Xpresskit to simplify your wiring. I can't attest to their reliability, though:
https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/volvo/v70/2002-standard-key/
https://directechs.com/VehicleCompatibility?VehicleYear=2002&VehicleMakeName=Volvo&VehicleModel=V70&__RequestVerificationToken=CfDJ8KaFf5gLp3VCngv4yerkDFNfnjYwrBBYItJxu8qvTFD8djavY14A2U2G0Syq4vxrnPhK2LL4Ndy_4KaXVu8iDQNK_rPqgvhmaDE1Ore1jooRj0_JjUXiZbNQKDrb6NIArDxaPkx2uY8LRFSz1UhiRXk
That is the first concern I got about this car. The other day testing the car I left the window open and close the drivers door with key and as a expected all 4 doors closed. I then tried to open drivers door from inside. Some sort of security system was immediately triggered and it didn't allow me to open the door from inside. Basically all handles become non functional. The person need to open the door in the same way as it was originally closed from outside drivers door with the key.
If I understood how actuators works . The actuator will try to trick the car central locking by opening the drivers door but in this particular case the car will not allow the doors to be opened? I am just wondering before considering to start this works how this will be done and if a new actuator/s installation /replacements will be needed and how? I wouldn't like to start and don't have the necessary parts to go ahead with the works. At the same time seems unreasonable that I need to disconnect all the original actuators and install 4 new ones but what if the actuators on this car is a sealed unit with the door lock?
geepherder 
Posted: September 10, 2018 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Test the wires at the door lock cylinder. They should not only arm/disarm the factory alarm, but also control the door locks.
gtdms 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2018 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gtdms
I will keep this in mind and check when open the car. I just want be sure I got every possible part needed for this job with me before I started as I don't find these parts where I live and once I open the car job has to be completed same day otherwise no car for family. I think I got it all now but Would one actuator with 2 wire be sufficient for this application at the drivers door or would I need a 5 wire one?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic