the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Jeep J/K Manual Transmission Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vmd710 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2018 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vmd710
Hello all just looking for a bit of help/advice. Im trying to install a Viper 5806 Alarm/Start combo in a 2008 Jeep Wrangler j/k unlimited with a 6 speed manual. Along with the 5806V I am using a DB3 bypass and a CHTHD2 T-harness. I have all the wires hooked up as the DB3 install Sheet states in D2D mode. Because of the DB3 I don't have the Tach input or the Parking Break/E Break input wire hooked up, although I am not sure that correct given the problem im having. When I Press the remote start button I get nothing just the 7 light flash fault. Ive tried multiple times to put vehicle in manual reserve mode and it never seems to go. Additionally I've made sure in the menu that the vehicle is in manual trans mission mode. Just not sure where Im going wrong here and could use some guidance. Thanks for the help in advance.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 08, 2018 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
https://old.directechs.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&v=2734&ps=1&s=0&c=0&pr=-1
It looks like the DB3 provides the outputs W2W only (page 9 under Output 12-pin red connector), so you will need to wire both the tach and e-brake outputs from the DB3 to the inputs on your Viper.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
vmd710 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2018 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vmd710
geepherder, Thanks for your input!!! ill get those hooked up asap and see what i get
vmd710 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2018 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vmd710
Hey Geepherder, went through and hooked up those wires. Additionally i looked through the 5806 and the DB3 manual and noticed i didn't hook up a required door trigger for manuals. so i hooked h2/3 (red harness) green/white on the db3 to the green wire on the 24 pin harness on the 5806. Thanks to your insights I can put the vehicle into manual reserve mode perfectly, additionally if the vehicle is running i can put it in pit stop mode fine. The current problem im running into is it will not remote start. It goes through the motions however after its third try it just flashes 5 or 6 times. Additionally the DB3 manual states that the h2/3 green white - door trigger can be N/o or N/c and im not sure which to choose. I know the door trigger can mess with the remote start. Thanks again for all the help in advance
geepherder 
Posted: November 09, 2018 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
5 flashes would be the brake, and 6 would be the hood pin. These are also listed as W2W. Are they connected from the DB3 to the Viper?
For the door trigger, use the default normally open.
vmd710 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2018 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vmd710
Ahh ok so on the db3 h2/6 (gray+) brake output prob needs to go to the 24 pin harness pin 20 (brown+) brake shut down on the 5806V if I’m computing correctly and again a million thanks for your help in all this!! I will try this combo and let you know my results
vmd710 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2018 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vmd710
Ok, so i went through and hooked all the relevant W2W connections for the output on the red 12 pin plug on the DB3 but still no joy.   The same issue keeps arising, i can put it in manual reserve mode, and get out of the vehicle and shut it off when i lock with the remote. Additionally it will still go into pit stop mode. I haven't been able to hook the lights up yet, when i look at my wiring diagram on the DB3 it says that there is a passenger side and a drivers side parking light wire, not sure if i hook the one output to both wires with a diode on one or if their is a single wire i can grab for the parking lights. I do still get the relay clicks after an unsuccessful start, i just can't tell if its 5 or 6 because of the other relays clicking inside the brain during the process. Doing all the W2W connections has definitely gotten me farther than i was, just not sure what i forgot/didnt hook up correctly or if my bypass may need re-flashed
geepherder 
Posted: November 10, 2018 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I read back through this thread. Did you ever learn the tach? If not do this first. Then try to remote start.
Did you check to see if the LED flashes when you do shutdown diagnostics? I don't know if it does or not.
You could always connect a test light to the parking light output just so you could count the flashes.
If not, parking lights should be your priority. The simplest solution would be to use the Viper output to trigger two separate relays. That way the left and right parking light wires are still isolated.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2018 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
For parking light just use 5a diodes banded side to each light side and connect the non banded sides together to the parking light output of the Viper to connect too them no need for relays
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2018 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
As lurch228 mentioned, get a couple 6A10 diodes, make sure the Viper is set to
(+) Parking Light output and connect to the vehicles left and right Parking Light
wires.
To run the Viper in Manual Transmission Mode, you must be running in Tach Mode
with a good Tach Learn, have the EBrake signal going to the Vipers Neutral Safety
and monitor the Door triggers. Getting into reservation mode successfully is good.
Think geepherder mentioned that the Tach signal must be W2W between the DB3 and the
Viper, just like the EBrake signal.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic