the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Start in a 07 Hyundai Elantra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ynot80 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2018 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ynot80
Its been a very long time since I last installed a remote start and things have changed a bit lol. I have a 2007 Hyundai Elantra Im installing a Automate 4104A remote start in. Everything seems straight forward except the parking lights have me a little confused. In the Quick Install guide that came with the unit it lists 2 wires for the parking lights . There is a white/brown (Light Flash Isolation Wire) and a white (pin 30 of light flash relay) . Im just not 100% sure which of these wires I need use for the parking lights ? The car has 2 parking light wires and they are positive . Im assuming I just need to wire up a couple relays using the white parking light wire from the remote start as the trigger for the relays (Always used the negative parking light wire from the remote start to trigger relays when needed). Just want to make sure I dont mess something up.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 22, 2018 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You wouldn't need to use the isolation wire in your case. That would work with the relays. If it's like the Viper, you should be able to move the internal parking light fuse to the negative position. Then just connect to the proper wire at the headlight switch.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2018 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ynot80
Cool. Yes it does have the parking light fuse (which is also a new one to me lol). That makes life way more simpler. I was happy to find out the car doesnt have a transponder key too . Thank you for the help
Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2018 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ynot80
I installed the unit the other day and everything went perfect till I tried the remote start part of the unit. Car wouldnt start. I looked up what 8 flashes of the lights meant and it was the neutral safety switch. After spending a bit trying to figure it out I discovered that the toggle switch included with the unit has to be plugged into the brain and in the on position for the remote start part to work. I was wondering if there is any way to program out that switch or bypass it so I dont have to have the switch installed ?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2018 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Do what I do- install a small jumper from an old computer, etc.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic