the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Toyota Tacoma 4 Door Compustar Door Lock Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mechengnr 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2019 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mechengnr
I got everything wired up. I flashed the Blade module and programmed it to the truck. I did the tach learning sequence and it took. But, the truck won’t start. It goes through the start process 3 times and gives me an error code 8 on my remote, and doesn’t crank. I reset the Blade, and reflashed it. I reinstalled it, and went through the process again with the same error. The green/white wire is cut for automatic transmission. The yellow/black wire is tapped into the black/white wire pin 9 on the OBD2 connector. The orange/black wire from the blade harness is tapped into the white wire pin 7 on the OBD2 connector. The pink wire from the Blade connector is tapped into the ignition wire. Am I missing something?
mechengnr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2019 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mechengnr
One thing I didn’t do was program options into the unit. However, the manual said “tach sense”was default from factory. Should I double check the programming of the brain?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2019 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Can you list your ignition wiring? That truck has two Ignitions, two Starters and one Accessory wire.
Soldering is fun!
mechengnr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2019 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mechengnr
Thank you for the reply. I figured it out, and got in working perfectly. I was basing my install from another post on here. He had a 2014 Tacoma, and installing the same system with the blade. I had completely overlooked the fact that I needed to wire in a second relay for the second starter wire.🙄 There is one starter output on the CM7000, and there are two starter wires on the truck. Thanks again!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2019 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Good news! Glad it's working and just in time for the really cold weather.
Right now it's 2 degrees at my house....   2015 Toyota Tacoma 4 Door Compustar Door Lock Wiring - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic