the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Chevy Tahoe w/Keyless Entry, Base Model Auto Page C3-RS730

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dtnel78 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2019 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
I have a Auto Page C3-RS730 2 way Remote Start / Alarm system I bought 5yrs or so ago and son was going to install in his car. He decided to buy a newer car instead.
Now that he's not using it I decided I'd use it for my vehicle. MY Tahoe does have a key fob but no chip in the key.
I did pull the factory radio years ago and put a regular radios so I had to put a rap or something to that effect in.
What I'm looking for is a doorlock/bypass module to install the remote start/alarm if that's what the device is called. I will use the alarm Key Fob if the option is available.
Can these bypasses be ordered programmed or do I need such a advanced one as I'm seeing these days for the plug and play models as I'm sure with single CAN my vehicle didn't have the plug and play option or did it?
If I could get pointed in the right direction I think I can most certainly figure the rest out or try at least.
I've already printed the OEM wiring diagram so hopefully that'll tell me where I need to connect it based off the installation instructions.
I was quoted $100 from a local dealer. I've seen them, different brands, types all over the internet for between $20-$99 so I think I cake research a little and save some money2004 Chevy Tahoe w/Keyless Entry, Base Model Auto Page C3-RS730 -- posted image. 2004 Chevy Tahoe w/Keyless Entry, Base Model Auto Page C3-RS730 -- posted image.
Any help is better than no help.
dtnel78 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2019 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
It's the regular key I have as far as I can tell as I've had copies made and didn't go broke.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2019 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
What year Tahoe? Older ones didn't have a chipped key but did have Passlock2. If so, you would need a bypass module for that unless you already did a permanent bypass.
Soldering is fun!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2019 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Kreg is right. 2004 has Passlock II.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
dtnel78 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2019 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
kreg357 wrote:
What year Tahoe? Older ones didn't have a chipped key but did have Passlock2. If so, you would need a bypass module for that unless you already did a permanent bypass.
It's a 2004 as I put it in the subject line. When I replaced the factory radio I had to buy a rap device or whatever it was called for the radio since it was aftermarket and not factory.
The vehicle does have the built in security with the lock light that flashes in the instrument cluster. If I can bypass that with a resistor soldered in if possible I can probably find a lock bypass if that's something they sell separate?
I wonder if you can bypass the system with a resistor like the old keys that had the resistor in them from the late 80's to early 90's models if the remote start could just be wired into the lock system lock/unlock and just work that way? I'm probably dreaming to much.
If I know what to get and know that it will show up at my doorstep programmed I will just order it and install it and not have to worry about all that other stuff mentioned above in this reply.
dtnel78 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2019 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
geepherder wrote:
Kreg is right. 2004 has Passlock II.
Yeah I've been told I need a bypass just trying to figure out what I need. New area of automotive to me. I do the greasy stuff and diagnostics as well. Been lucky so far with mine though. Maybe because I bought it new. That was a mistake but I was younger then.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2019 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
My apologies for missing the vehicle year in the header.    2004 Chevy Tahoe w/Keyless Entry, Base Model Auto Page C3-RS730 -- posted image.
Yes, you can bypass the Passlock2 with a soldered in resistor. Kinda like the old VATS system with the resistor
on the key. Fairly easy process to do. Here is the process :
Cut the Yellow Passlock2 resistance wire in an accessible location. Solder any resistor value between
the Passlock reference wire and the vehicle side of the cut Passlock wire.
Start your car, it will fail, be patient. Leave the key in the ignition switch at the ON position.
Wait 10 minutes with ignition on, turn it off and start again.   Do this 3 times and the new value will
be registered.
If you don't want to go through the three x 10 min. ignition ON to reprogram then ensure you use
exactly the same resistor as the vehicle already had in the ignition switch and you're done.
The resistor bypass is not really the main issue with that truck. It's the door locks. Every
bypass module out there that handles the door locks also handles the Passlock2 and a whole lot
more. The Fortin INT-SL+ is a good bypass module for that truck. It does the locks, alarms,
Passlock2 and controls the heated seats, rear defrost, provides a Tach signal and controls the
Parking Lights. A lot of bang for your buck,
Soldering is fun!
dtnel78 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2019 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
So would I just order one and let the company know I want all the options enabled?
I watched some warmcarnow videos on YouTube and he shows how he programsit with a switch and some units need to have a programmer. The programming was done with a push button switch for the tachometer and 1-2 other options he did. I guess see what the cost is of the one you mentioned and compare to local prices. I don't have heated seats just electric locks, electric mirrors and manual heat knobs so not much to toot about I guess but maybe if I get a good one now I can use it in a later vehicle that may have more options?
I'd like to use the integration with the factory interior lights, alarm and stuff without having to do a bunch of extra running of wiring.
My thoughts is with the right bypass the less wiring you do. Am I understanding this correctly?
kreg357 
Posted: January 25, 2019 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The nice thing about the Fortin INT-SL+ is that it comes from the factory ready to go right out of the box.
No firmware to flash. There is an install guide that gives to the wire connections and the steps to
program the module to your truck. The only down side is that you must make some wire connections between
the INT-SL+ and the RS730. Not a big deal, you can do that as part of the bench prep. Here is a link
to the install guide :

http://cdn02.fortin.ca/download/46281/int-sl+_revj.pdf
You would follow the Type 2 without DataLink diagram. Only one INT-SL+ connection to the truck, the rest
go to the R/S unit. The chart on Page 2 shows all the supported features.
Soldering is fun!
dtnel78 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2019 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
So I went to the Fortin.ca website and selected my vehicle year, mane and model. When it pulled my 04 up it showed the "evoone" or "evoall" as suggestions.
I clicked in the upper right where it allows you to compare different models and I unchecked evoall and selected the one you mentioned above.
It pulled them up side-by-side and I downloaded the installation manual for the one you suggested. I looked at the list of compatible vehicles in a 2004 Chevy Tahoe was not on the list of compatible vehicles.
Is this something that will be updated later?
I've seen the evo all on the website which it says is compatible. What this be the option to go with as I've seen them on Amazon for less than $60 that's a good price considering I was quoted $100 locally.
I don't mind buying the programmer because if I'm having issues or whatever I can reflash it or if they have updates that can be done as well for the immobilizer bypass door lock module which I presume this one does the door locks as I don't recall seeing it mentioned possibly but I'm sure it was.
Now to do more research.
Tried talking with local shop of a half dozen or so that we have and they use iData and said they wouldn't sell to me as they pay $30k per yr and would have to charge $300-400 to make it worthwhile.
On a side note that's funny as I saw a different company and looked into being a "dealer" to get access and they said you'd have to buy a minimum of $1500 per quarter to maintain dealer status. Maybe the local shop should rethink their business strategy. They're just trying to keep the market cornered locally and act like they'll lose money if they would've sold me the bypass and wiring diagram they all come with.
I would've paid $100 and been more than happy and not bothered them for help unless it was a dead module.
IF you could double check the model year as my understanding is it won't work with my vehicle.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic