the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Honda Civic, Viper 4706V and Idatalink ADS-ALCA

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crackjack135 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2019 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crackjack135
Yeah i selected dbi mode when i programmed it. The green light on the bypass just keeps blinking all the time. Yep the red side of the cable is in the viper
crackjack135 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2019 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crackjack135
I started it with the remote with the key in the ignition and it was slowly blinking green. It slowly blinks no matter whati do
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 408
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
you need to program the bypass for the car, press and hold the button on the bypass. the green led will go solid and then go out.. insert key into car, and turn on (don't start it). once the bypass learns, the green led will come on.
crackjack135 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2019 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crackjack135
How long does it usually take for the bypass to learn and the light to come back on? I was waiting 5 mins and nothing happened
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2019 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
seconds.. it doesn't take long.. try resetting the bypass.. undo the data connector, press down on the button and insert the data connector. The led will go red, release button, and it will slowly flash green, press and hold, and when the led goes out, insert key, and turn car on. When it programs the led will turn green.
If that doesn't work, double check to make sure you have the white/red & pink on the car side, not the connector side.
crackjack135 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2019 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crackjack135
Hmmm. So i reset the bypass just as you said, and programmed the bypass and turned on the key and the led turned green for a couple of seconds then went out. Still doesnt remote start. So as far as i can tell the programming is good i think.
Also, red white and pink wires are not on the connector side
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2019 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
sorry just read the instructions again.. you have to press unlock on the factory remote after the led goes solid green after you turn the key. try resetting it again and programing,
crackjack135 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2019 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crackjack135
Hey sorry for the late reply its been a busy week. So i reprogrammed the unit twice, the led turned green and i pressed unlock and still nothing. I also double checked all the wiring and connections and they are all good. I ordered a new viper unit today so itll be here in a couple days and ill see if replacing the unit its self will work.
crackjack135 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2019 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote crackjack135
Just got the new unit today, and it still only remote starts with the key in the ignition. Im just gonna take it somewhere, not sure where else to look
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2019 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
you sure it's flashed to DBI mode? Try hard wiring it.(you have to switch it to hardwire mode, hard reset, and press the one button once, and the led will slowly blink twice.
when you attempt to remote start it, the Bypass led should come on, does it?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic