the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Buick Rendezvous Remote Starter Ignition Wire Clarification

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dustint91 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2019 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dustint91
I am installing a Compustar CS800s with a Fortin INT-SL+ in my '06 Rendezvous.
All of the info I can find online just says that the pink ignition wire from the Fortin unit should go to the pink ignition wire in the ignition harness of the car. The issue is, I do not know which pink wire to use. I see 3 pink wires in the ignition harness. Does anyone know what pin the wire is on the ignition harness connector? Or an other way to identify it? Is there a way for me to test the voltage at different key positions to determine which one is the right one? Thank you for any help.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 18, 2019 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
The correct wire will show 12 volts with the key in both the Run and Start positions.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
dustint91 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2019 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dustint91
Will only one of the pink one's do that? I can't recall if I tested for that on all of them, but I feel like I had at least 2 that showed that. I will check them again when I get home tonight.
dustint91 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2019 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dustint91
Also, the Compustar has a blue wire that you can decide it's function with a jumper. Default function is Ignition 2. I have not connected this anywhere. Do I need this on my car? If so, where does it connect and do I need to move the jumper?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 18, 2019 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I can't tell for sure if only one will test ignition. They might be connected in parallel. Your Fortin install manual should say what connections are required.
I'm not familiar with Compustar, perhaps someone else can answer that.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2019 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
2006 Buick Rendezvous Remote Starter Ignition Wire Clarification -- posted image.
2006 Buick Rendezvous Remote Starter Ignition Wire Clarification -- posted image.
Steve G
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2019 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
dustint91 wrote:
Do I need this on my car? If so, where does it connect and do I need to move the jumper?
Yes leave jumper set to ignition 2 and connect it to the green wire shown in photo in my previous post.
Steve G
dustint91 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2019 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dustint91
Wow nice pictures! I could have used that a few days ago haha. I ended up getting it sorted out last night before seeing this. Took lots of digging online and reading a billion posts. Though seeing these pictures does give me some reassurance that I got the right wires since I did it just as your pictures show. Thank you!
iskidoo 
Posted: March 21, 2019 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
iskidoo 
Posted: March 21, 2019 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic