the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Viper 4105V with DB3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mickeymos2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2019 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mickeymos2
The wife bought me a remote starter for my birthday and i have been trying to figure out wiring setup before i try installing and have had very little luck, I can figure out the connections to the truck from the diagrams on this site just cant figure out what wires i need to use and not use off of the remote start and db3. the truck is a 2002 silverado 2500hd powerlocks, 6.0L gas, factory alarm. the remote start is a viper4105v witn DB3 gm5, also have 30 amp relay and a diode resistor.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2019 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Big request. First let me emphatically state that DEI is not my primary brand and I have never used a DB3
bypass module. Most of the info you need is in the DB3 w/GM5 firmware guide. Here is a link to that guide
for your truck :
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/ddt/403-GM5-4.10-ORI_2002-Chevrolet-Silverado_IG_EN_20181207.pdf
The rest of the info for the trucks wires can be found in this Pictorial :
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=135786
Important info :
1. The DB3 install guide lists its supported features on Page 4. Basically it will take care of the trucks locks, alarm
      and Passlock2 system. It will also supply a Tach signal and provide an output that will handle the RAP shutdown.
2. Your Viper 4105 is a R/S w/RKE system. It does not have any alarm functions. Additionally, it has a DBI data
     port that will allow you to go D2D between the Viper 4105 and the DB3.
3. You should check to see if your truck has "one touch starting". That is where a momentary turn of the ignition
     key to the START position and release will get the engine started under the ECM's control.   This feature would
    allow for Tachless Mode engine starting and no need for a Tach signal.
Viper 4105 with DB3 to 2002 Chevrolet Silverado with gas V8, PDL, Auto Trans & Factory Alarm.
Main 9 Pin
1 LIGHT GREEN/BLACK FACTORY ALARM DISARM................ Not used
2 GREEN/WHITE FACTORY REARM...................................... Not Used
3 YELLOW (+) IGNITION OUT (TO ALARM)............................. Not Used
4 WHITE/BLUE (-) ACTIVATION INPUT................................. Not Used
5 ORANGE (-) GROUND WHEN LOCKED...............… ................ Not Used
6 BROWN (-) HORN OUTPUT............................................. Black (-) BCM, brown plug, pin A9
7 RED/WHITE (-) TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT.............................. Not Used
8 BLACK GROUND........................................................... Chassis Ground
9 WHITE (+/-) LIGHT FLASH...... set jumper to (+) ................ Brown (+) BCM, lt. blue plug, pin B6
R/S 5 Pin
1 BLACK/WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT........... Chassis Ground
2 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE............................ DB3, Red 12 Pin Plug, Pin 5 Violet/White
3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE...................... White (+) brake switch
4 GRAY (-) HOOD PINSWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE....................... to kit supplied hood pin
5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOG................ Not Used
4-pin satellite harness diagram
1 BLUE STATUS OUTPUT.............................. Not Used
2 ORANGE (-) ACCESSORY OUTPUT........ To Extra Relay Pin 85 for Brown ACC2 wire
3 PURPLE (-) STARTER OUTPUT............... Not Used
4 PINK (-) IGNITION OUTPUT...................... Not Used
Heavy gauge 6 Pin
1 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT..................................... Red (+) ignition harness
2 PINK/WHITE (+) PROGRAMMED to IGN......................................... White (+) ignition harness
3 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12 INPUT........................................ Red/White (+) ignition harness
4 ORANGE (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO ACC CIRCUIT....................... Orange (+) ignition harness
5 PURPLE (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO STARTER CIRCUIT.............. Yellow (+) ignition harness ( also has DB3 Violet wire )
6 PINK (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO IGNITION CIRCUIT.................... Pink (+) ignition harness ( also has DB3 Pink wire )
Door lock harness, 3-pin connector
1 BLUE (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT......... Not Used
2 EMPTY NOT USED
3 GREEN (-) LOCK OUTPUT............ Not Used
Follow the DB3 install guide for the remaining DB3 wires as follows :
Violet/Yellow J1850 goes to Violet wire at Pin 2 of OBD2 connector
Black/White RAP wire goes to BCM, purple plug, Tan wire at pin B4 ( Drivers door trigger )
Violet/Green and Violet/Brown get combined and connected to the Yellow Passlock2 wire
Tach, IGN and Starter wires already mentioned above
Think that about does it aside from the extra 30/40 amp SPDT relay for the trucks
Brown ACC2 wire. The relay wiring is listed in the Pictorial.
There will be some Viper programming required.
Follow the DB3 module to truck programming steps listed on Page 12.
Do the Viper Tach Learn.
Soldering is fun!
mickeymos2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2019 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mickeymos2
Thank you very much, i finally found the time to install it, just in time for winter, everything seems to work great except for the tach. It bounces around like crazy, i did do the tach learn, and even tried programing the feature between voltage and tach but same result. im thinking of disconnecting the tach and switching the program to virtual tach to fix the problem, any thoughts? thanks again for all your help.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 14, 2019 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
If you're using the tach output of the DB3, you could try hardwiring to the truck instead. The tach wire is listed as white:
https://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
Tach would be most accurate, but you could always try virtual tach or voltage sensing first. If you have issues in cold weather, etc. then you'd probably need to hardwire.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
y5mgisi 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2022 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote y5mgisi
Just finished installing an avital 4105 and DB3 in my 2000 suburban. Its looking like its not going to work for me with out having the db3 flashed by a dealer. Also looking like most dealers wont do the flash since it wasn't their install So i think im going to have to try to find a different pass lock bypass that doesn't require a flash... Really wishing i just would have paid to have someone install it for me... Lol
y5mgisi 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2022 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote y5mgisi
Thanks kreg for the guide! Finally got my DB3 flashed. And everything works as it should!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic