the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Honda Pilot EX L, Viper 4606 Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2019 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Strange, I don't remember any unusual noises with the one I did in the Pictorial. Think there was only one vehicle I did where the bypass module made noises and that was an ADS TB on a Ford Explorer.
Soldering is fun!
mcgrathe 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2019 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mcgrathe
Yeah unless i have the ignition wires flipped. Circled in green in Idatalink pic. I Wasn't 100% positive on "Connector Side" vs "Vehicle Side" as they are labeled on wiring diagram. Vehicle or connector circled in red?. I have a T harness "as pictured" splitting the Ignition and Transponder plugs. I have the White/Black wire running to the wiring harness side "Female Connector circled in blue in pic" and the white/red and pink wires are connected to the "Male Connector circled in yellow" side that plugs into the transponder.. So is the transponder considered "Connector or Vehicle Side" ? I suppose if these were flipped it would still work and maybe cause this issue.    
2015 Honda Pilot EX L, Viper 4606 Install - Page 2 -- posted image.
Eric M
mcgrathe 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2019 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mcgrathe
I think i have the two Ign wires flipped after further research. Looks like the W/B wire needs to go to the Female connector side of the T harness. IE the Connector Side
and the W/R and Pink wire to the Male side of my T harness IE the Vehicle side.
My lack of sleep is catching me. Makes more sense after more thought seeing as how the Pink is an input and would need to be connected to the output of the harness. Like say the Vehicles harness supplying the + ign.
It must be making the power relay inside the ADS flutter. Why it works IDK but i'm sure a flip of two wires will make it quiet as a mouse.
Oh well. Another cup of coffee and some heat shrink soldering and i should be good to go.
Thanks all for the input.
Eric M
mcgrathe 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2019 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mcgrathe
So now all together in correct order with those awesome heat shrink and solder all in one connectors. Using my modified $16 Directed DS4 T harness off eBay I cut the connectors off and wired into. Should make a nice clean install. I think I’ll be good to go.
Eric M
mcgrathe 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2019 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mcgrathe
Yeah. Working good now. No buzzing after wire flip. Thanks again for everything l. Greatly appreciate it.
Eric M
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic