the12volt.com spacer
icon

Car Speakers Randomly Work and Don’t Work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxscholtes 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2019 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote maxscholtes
Lately my speakers will just go silent in my car. I can drive all the way to school without it happening one day and another day it will happen 20 minutes into my drive. Its not the head unit because the song still shows as playing. I’ve tried bluetuth, aux, and USB inputs and they all do it. I updated the firmware on the headunit and it didnt fix it. I drove this car almost a year without this problem. The only thing that has changed is I switched from a samsung to and iphone but it didnt start happening until a week after that.
I’d like to stress the point that the speakers work sometimes and cut out completely other times, so dont tell me to check fuses. Resetting my phone and the headunit doesnt help. Only works again if my car is off for a while.
-My specs-
head unit: JVC kw-r910bt
speakers: 6 months old but i forget the brand. If its important ill check.
i also have 2 16’ kenwood subs. The amp is pretty old and all the wiring for it was already done when I bought the car.
Car: 2003 subaru wrx
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2019 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpalmer
Check your fuses,
.......... Sorry had to.
All the speakers? Left, right, front, rear? Do the subs continue to play when the speakers cut out? Is there an amp that is powering the new door speakers or just the subs?
My guess is that the terminal from one of speakers is shorting out, usually happens in one of the doors. Pull the door speakers and start there would me my first move.
maxscholtes 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2019 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote maxscholtes
yeah all the speakers and the subs cutout and they are all on one amp. I'll check the speaker wiring tomorrow.
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2019 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpalmer
Knowing everything is running from one amp, when this happens(speakers cut out) can you see a power light on the amp? Possible trouble light on the amp.
gshookupz 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gshookupz
How about the turn on lead (blue) at the back of the head unit? At the amp?
Amp power connection goes to the battery right?
How is this connection; is it corroded?
Have you disconnected one speaker at a time (at the amp) to eliminate the one that is causing the issue.
these three items are what i would check first.
hope this helps, George D
Do it movin! "I still have the Twindows modules from My 86 mr2 in the bottom of my box"
srmjr 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote srmjr
You had mentioned that your issue started a week after your switch from your Samsung phone to your iPhone. Try tampering with the aux connection where the aux cable connects to your iPhone. More than likely, the iPhone input/output may be physically different than your Old Samsung and it may be coming loose or have a loose connection and may be and cutting off. A different brand of auxiliary cable that fits just right will do the trick!
Have a good one!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic