the12volt.com spacer
icon

Installing Amp in 2013 Passat with Factory Fender Amplifier

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brycebba 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2019 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brycebba
I should mention that when I say the rock or higher notes that it can now play aren't hitting as hard as they should I feel are playing with tons of bass through the bass speakers of the factory amplified system. If I had to venture a guess, probably slightly less bass produced than by the sub. Also interesting is that with the remote bass knob probably set around 1.5db or 2db all the way to the max of 6db makes absolutely zero difference in the amount of bass produced
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2019 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
This may be a silly question, but can you hear any vocals coming from the sub? If so, verify the amp is set to low pass instead of high pass. I've run into this before (a passenger's shoe may have accidentally kicked a button) and the bass seemed a little weak.
If that isn't it, you can use the bass roll-off compensation (or whatever it's called) of the LC2i. Check youtube:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwju3JeJ2oXkAhXmwVkKHa5eAgsQtwIIKDAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8F4Uu9lWcFU&usg=AOvVaw341QbanVzgSHtUTd1nq6_J
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
brycebba 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2019 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brycebba
Well you arent going to believe this. I was looking on the OfferUp classifieds last night and found a guy selling a Rockford Fosgate R500X1D for $25 in full working condition so I jumped on it. Im still working on tuning because I dont have the remote knob for it to control the bass level so its taking some work but it solved every problem and is a NIGHT and DAY difference. I have the bass on the stereo set to like 1/4 because its just too much power otherwise with Gain on the amp at maybe 1/8 a turn. Once I have the remote bass control knob that will make things so much better for controlling sound. Consider this problem solved and lesson learned again for me. Better to have too much amp and scale it back for the sub than be pushing the amp for everything its got or close to it because it starts to make the amp act erratically at least in this case. Man I have lucked out hard on the used components for this install, 150 for a JL 10TW3-D4 in a Box and 25 for a RF R500X1D and both work great! AND AND I DONT EVEN THINK THEY ARE STOLEN WHICH IS EVEN BETTER!! :)
Thanks so much guys for helping me solve the range issue and giving me the advice to get this setup installed the right way for a factory amplified stock system with an add on amp. I hope it helps someone else some day that is making the same installation decisions on their Passat or VW.
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic