the12volt.com spacer
icon

1995 Nissan 240sx Remote Start Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tripasgarage 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2019 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tripasgarage
Hi All,
My equipment is a 1995 Nissan 240sx & Scytek Galaxy G5 alarm/remote start.
- First off, everything was working great (security & remote start), however I decided to relocate my alarm brain to a more discrete location. In doing so, extending the wires about 3-4 feet was necessary. That required me to extend the (6) 12 gauge remote start wires as well.
Issue: When remote starting, fuel pump turns on, and the brain sends the start signal to the starter which only cranks for a millisecond and then the whole system shuts down. I am unable to crank the car completely as I previously did before relocating and extending the wires. I took lots of pictures of each color remote start wire and where it was previously connected before I relocated. I have checked my work literally about 6 times and everything is correct.
I have it set to tachless crank / gas engine which allows you to set the crank times. I have it set for 1.4 second crank.
1. What ALL is necessary for the remote start to function correctly?
2. Can the 6 (12) gauge wires only be so long?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Austin
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2019 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
Does the "Quick Stop" function work? If so then your likely losing too much power during cranking to the Scytek because of excessive voltage drop in your wiring. The length, the connections, or both may be the issue. How long is your 12 gauge run in total?
bluerb240 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2019 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bluerb240
I am going to bump this up. I am having a hell of a time doing this alarm on my 95 240sx. I have a 5706v I am trying to install and I can't get the starter kill or remote start to work on mine. I used the blk with white stripe starter wire and cut that into two. Purple for the alarm is going to the Starter, Green from the alarm is going to the keyside. Red fused wires going to a always hot 12v power on the ignition. Pink from the alarm going to a Ign 1 power source. I hooked up the others to what I thought was right but It will not remote start. Gives me the 7 parking light flashes telling me something is wrong with the manual mode. I have the white/blk wire hooked up to the parking brake. I can sit in the car arm the alarm and turn the key and the car will start right up. The Alarm will go off but the car still starts. Any help would greatly be appreciated, trying to make heads or tails of the alarm install.
bluerb240 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2019 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bluerb240
Got it to work for my install. I used the wrong ignition wire for the viper alarm. I tried using the Blk/white but that isn't the real starter wire. Blk/yellow is. I tapped into the blk with white for ignition 2 and it now remote starts in auto mode. The car was Auto but converted to 5 speed but wasn't wired up with the neutral safety switch :(

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic