the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Chevrolet Silverado, Viper 5906v Idatalink ALCA Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
damnnearranier 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2019 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
Hey guys! This place is amazing, I’ve been reading up on everything I can on here. Thank you for all your info!
So I am installing a viper 5906v and an ads alca bypass in a 2008 Silverado crew cab, reg key. This is my 3rd install (on diff gm vehicles and with pre 2006)
I have an idata link account, and flashed the alca module correctly, hooked everything up per idatalinks diagram, using data 2way, and I am having issues.
First issue is the door locks are not doing anything. No lock, unlock with the viper Remote (works with factory remote) door pins, hood pin, are not setting off the alarm, and remote start isn’t working. The truck turns on power, things click and make noise, it will cycle that a few times then shut off with out trying to crank the engine and say “low battery” on viper remote. Now I have checked voltage and 100% I have 12.8 volts, even put the battery on the charger, still same issue.
So my question is could I be having a D2D communication issue? Should I reflash the alca module for W2W and hardwire it all? Any input would be great, I have spent some time searching and found some recommendations to W2W between DEI products and idatalink. Thanks!
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.
damnnearranier 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2019 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
Forgot to mention, I have a bitwriter and I programmed the viper correctly for auto trans, and did virtutach. But since it won’t remote start I haven’t been able to program virtuetach.
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,786
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2019 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Please excuse the question but I don't want to overlook any possibility.
Did you flash the ADS AL-CA with the DBI DL GM10 flavor of firmware? ADS DL GM10 will not communicate with DEI products over D2D.
Also, if you never used an iDatalink bypass module, did you set the Installation Mode to Data ( one blink ) and lock it in prior to vehicle programming?
Soldering is fun!
damnnearranier 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2019 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
Thanks for the response. When I flashed the module, I just followed the steps on the mobile app(I used the iPhone cable, and iPhone app to flash) as in selected vehicle, then selected data to data coneection, then I flashed the the only firmware that came up.
Are you saying I need to flash the firmware using the DBI connection method? Not data to data?
I did lock in the instillation type, as data to data on the alca module, per instructions prior to programming it to the vehicle using the, turn on ignition, wait for light to turn green, then shut off method as described in instructions.
Sounds to me like I need to re-flash the alca module for the DBI install mode, which gives a different firmware?
Please let me know, and thank again for your help!!
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2019 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I've never used the Mobil App to flash firmware, always with the
standard ADS USB cable connected to the PC using WEBLink so there
might be some differences between the two routines.
Here is the sequence I see on the PC.
1. Sign in
2. Module gets detected.
3. Select a make = GMC
4. Select year = 2008
5. Select Model = Sierra
6. Select a trim = Std Key Pickup Automatic
7. Next
8. Select Install = Others
9. Next
10. Select an install Mode = DBI ( even though iDatalink 2-way is recommended )
11. Click on Flash ( defaults should be OK )
At this point the ADS AL-CA is flashed with the DBI DL-GM10 firmware.
I use a 12V P.S. and a 4 Pin cable to do the next part prior to installing
the module and the R/S system in the car.
1. Press and hold programming button
2. Plug in power cable
3. Wait for the Red light to start blinking
4. Release button
5. Wait for the LED to start doing a slow single Green blink pattern.
6. Press and hold the programming button.
&. The LED will go solid Green for 2 seconds and then off.
9. Release button
The above steps do a Factory Reset on the bypass module and set the Installation Mode to Data.
Being as you flashed the module with DBI flavor firmware ( instead of ADS ) it is all ready
to go D2D with a Directed R/S unit. The final steps would be connecting the harnesses
and programming the bypass module to the truck.
Soldering is fun!
damnnearranier 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2019 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
Thank you! Ok so that is where my issue is then. I will re-flash the ALCA module to DBI install instead of D2D. I will post an update after, and hopefully all will work. Thank you again!
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.
kreg357 
Posted: November 06, 2019 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, that should do it. Sorry about the GMC Sierra vs Chev Silverado. Twins anyway.
You should print out the DBI install guide just to verify that there are no differences
between it and the ADS version. They should be the same.
Soldering is fun!
damnnearranier 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2019 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
Ok thank you for the tip, I’ll post results later today, fingers crossed this fixes it!
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.
damnnearranier 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2019 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
Well I reflashed the module to the DBI install method, and programmed it correctly, and it still exactly the same.
Still no door locks, remote start, door triggers ect... when I click lock on the viper remote the Alca module makes clicks and just lights up a red light or flashes a red light. I take that as it doest have enough info or connections made. So my next step is to program it to W2W install mode and wire it up like that. I’ll post back with an update as to how that goes. If that doest work well......ya it has to work like that! Thanks!
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.
kreg357 
Posted: November 06, 2019 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Strange, it should work like a champ.
All the dashed red lines on the Type 2 install diagram are made by the D2D
harness. Only the solid black lines are wire connections that must be made.
The Type 2 install diagram is a bit generic when it comes to the R/S side of
things. For your install these are the Viper wires that need to be run :
Main 6 Pin harness
Pin 1 to +12V constant
Pin 2 to Chassis Ground as shown in Type 2 diagram
Pin 3 to Siren
Pin 5 to Light Blue @ Headlight Switch *
* Set Viper internal Parking Light jumper to (-)
Remote Start 10 Pin Heavy gauge
Pin 2 Red/Black to +12V
Pin 5 Red to +12V
Pin 8 Orange as shown on Type 2 install guide
Pin 10 Pink as shown on Type 2 install guide
AUX 24 Pin
Pin 9 Gray to kit hood pin if truck does not have Factory Hood Pin
Pin 13 Black/White to Chassis Ground if Auto Trans
That should do it, unless you wanted the Horn connection.
You should set the Viper to Tach Mode. The ADS AL-CA w/GM10 will
supply a Tach Signal. Also, your truck has one touch starting so you could
set the Viper to OFF and use a 1 second Crank Time.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic