the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Chevrolet Silverado, Viper 5906v Idatalink ALCA Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
damnnearranier 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2019 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
Yes I was def confused when it didn’t do anything after reflash to the DBI install mode. I also made sure to do the other firmware like you mentioned in your first reply.
Thanks for double checking the viper side connections, that is exactly how I have it all connected.
I’m already half way through W2W connections, so I’m gonna just keep going. If it doest work this way, I just got the cable to program using a computer instead of an iPhone. And I’ll retry firmware flash on computer using the traditional cable. After that, well I’ll have to call idatalink tech support! But I bet it’ll work with W2W. I even double checked all my steering column connections from the ALCA module to make sure I didn’t switch something up. But they are made perfectly. The only thing I did do that could be questioned is I extended the black white connector side PK3 wire by 2 inches because it was too short to reach. But that still shouldn’t be an issue, maybe if it was the orange data wire changing the length could possibly affect it but I still doubt that as I’ve lengthened, and or shortened by pass wires on past installs.
When I finish I’ll post back with an update, thank you again for all your help, I really appreciate your time!
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 406
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2019 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
just remember if you are doing w2w, when you program the bypass, you have to select the non-data mode.. (two flashes of the led, when programing)
damnnearranier 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2019 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
Every thing works!! Sorry it took so long to post. I was really busy with work, so I didn’t have much time to work on the truck. Finally had today to get it done. I programmed the ads alca to W2W with the gm10 firmware and made the proper connections, and everything works. I just programmed the tach, and it remotes started right up! Thank you again for all your help, I greatly appreciate it! I’m thinking my viper system might be an older model as I read a memo or some post about DEI updating their system to work with the idata link style bypass units over D2D. I’m betting my system is atleast 5-6 years old so maybe that’s why D2D wouldn’t communicate.
Anyways im super happy it all works!
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.
damnnearranier 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2019 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote damnnearranier
Yep, I found a build date of 6/13 on my 5906v viper box! 6 years old!
It’s Damn Near done!
THE DELINQUENTS C.C.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic