the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Nissan Altima PTS, Viper 4806V 2-Way

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2020 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
OK, here is the wiring from the 4806 to the Altima.
H/1 RED (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT          +12V Constant    
H/2 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND   Chassis Ground
H/3 BROWN (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT     GREEN (-) @ HORN SWITCH, YELLOW 6-PIN PLUG, PIN 3
H/4 WHITE/BROWN LIGHT FLASH ISOLATION WIRE              Not Used
H/5 WHITE PIN 30 of LIGHT FLASH RELAY   set to (+)            RED (+) dash fuse box, brown 16 pin plug, pin 1
H/6 ORANGE 500 mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT              Not Used
Remote Start, 8-pin connector             
1 RED/BLACK (+) 12VDC CONSTANT INPUT     +12V Constant       
2 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A      Not Used
3 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2   set to IGN2          Not Used      
4 RED (+) 12VDC CONSTANT INPUT     +12V Constant     
5 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT             Not Used
6 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT    White or Red at BCM Black 40 Pin plug, Pin 26
7 RED/WHITE (+) 12VDC CONSTANT INPUT     Not Used     
8 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT              White or Green at BCM Black 40 Pin plug, Pin 27
Auxiliary/Shutdown Harness 24-pin connector
1 PNK/WHITE (-) 200mA Ignition 2/Flex OUTPUTPink or Green at BCM Black 40 Pin plug, Pin 30 with 1N4001
2 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT     NU
3 RED/WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT   NU
4 BLACK/YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT OUTPUT   NU
5 DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT          NU
6 WHITE/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT        NU
7 WHITE/VIOLET (-) 200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT        NU
8 ORANGE/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT        NU
9 GRAY (-) HOOD PIN INPUT (NC OR NO)        supplied by bypass module if car has Factory Alarm
10 BLUE* FACTORY HORN INPUT (Use Jumper to set polarity)    NU
11 WHITE/BLUE ACTIVATION INPUTNU
12 VIOLET/WHITE** TACHOMETER INPUT          supplied by bypass module
13 BLACK/WHITE*** (-) NEUTRAL SAFETYChassis Ground
14 GREEN/BLACK (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT        NU
15 GREEN** (-) DOOR INPUT     NU
16 EMPTY ------------------------------------
17 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT          NU
18 VIOLET** (+) DOOR INPUT    NU
19 VIOLET/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT       NU
20 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT            supplied by bypass module
21 VIOLET/YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT to BCM Black 40 Pin plug, Pin 22 with 1N4001
22 GRAY/BLACK (-) DIESEL WAIT TO START INPUT NU
23 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT        NU
24 GREEN/WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM ARM OUTPUT           NU
Follow the DB3 guide for it's connections to the Altima. You might have to hardwire the Tach between the DB3 and the 4806. Depends on what Note 1 says.
Just so we don't overlook things...
The DB3 must be flashed with the 4.03 NISS08 firmware, presently at Version 1.20. Has this been done?
When you did the DB3 to vehicle programming after making all the connections, did it follow the steps and indications exactly?
The DB3 should handle the locks and alarm plus the transponder bypass funcions. It should also supply the Viper with the Brake,
Tach and Hood Pin signals via D2D. Do the door locks work via the Viper remotes?
Soldering is fun!
aguilarpro 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2020 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
Kreg, thank you for the information, I will check these wirings and see if I missed one from my initial hard wiring. The car locks and unlocks like normal; during the programming to vehicle, the flashing did not occur like it said when I performed the steps (it was very simple but I was not convinced one of the steps went through). It is possible that it did not through because my wiring was not correct or was not complete. I believe there may be a wiring that I did not connect from the list you supplied, I will verify and report.
Honda Accord 2008 EX-L 2.4 S
aguilarpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2020 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
Kreg, I checked my wiring really quick and found that I used the heavy gage remote start 8-pin wires #3 & #5 but I should have used the #1 Ignition 2 from the 24-pin connector, same for #21 Starter output, in this case the polarities will match the car's. This may have been the reason as to why I was puzzled that such heavy gage wires from the 8-pin would need to be connected to the small wires at the BCM. I will rewire per your instructions and report, since it is snowing, I may have to report at a later time. Thank you for your help.
aguilarpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2020 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
Kreg,
I verified the wiring and everything looks good, I initially thought that I had used the heavy gage wires for the ones that have the diode but that was not the case. I verified the wiring and everything looks correct. I remember that the module did not flash the green light, is there a way to restart the programming side without flashing it to be able to follow the module programming again? I don't have access to reflash as the seller did that for me when he sold the unit to me. If I reset the DB3 module (if possible) will it loose the flash to the car? I think this is a flashing issue at this point, door lock/unlock and trunk release work, the only thing that is not working is the remote start, it looks like it tries to start, activates the accessories, the module receives the signal, flashes orange and red momentarily and then flashes green for maybe 5 seconds and then turns off.
The sequence of DB3 flashes when remote start button is pressed:
1. 3x green flahes.
2. 3x yellow and red flashes (interchangeably)
3. Multiple green rapid flashes, then goes back to green slow flashing and tries again 3 more times before it stops. In the process of the rapid flashes I get the I-Key System Error: See Owner's Manual.
The vehicle does not crank at all.
Here is the module programming instruction. 2015 Nissan Altima PTS, Viper 4806V 2-Way - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2020 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Unfortunately, I'm not a DEI guy but you can do a "Soft Reset" as shown at the top of Page 15. This will get the DB3 ready to start the vehicle programming process again from the beginning. It will not affect the 403.NISS08 Ver 1.20 firmware loaded on the module.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic