the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Chevrolet Impala, Subwoofer Install, Noise Cancellation Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redline870 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2019 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redline870
Hi everyone! This is my first post on the12volt. I’ve used this forum for years to track down various issues and the information on here seems to be top notch!
I just installed a subwoofer setup in my buddies 2014 Impala base model, no Bose stereo. I used a JL audio LOC-22, Kicker CompR 12” subs, and a Kicker CXA1200.1 amp. I also used Crutchfield 150Hz bass blockers on all the factory speakers. When he starts the car, it produces a constant low bass note whether the radio is on or not. After some research, it sounds as if the problem is with the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) system. I’d like to disable the ANC but I don’t know which wire to de-pin from the factory amp connectors. Does anyone have the pin-out for the factory amp connectors or know which wire I need to disconnect to disable the ANC?
Thanks for the help!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 01, 2019 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Smart key or regular key?
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 01, 2019 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkpbi2TmgCU
Same color wire and the amp is in the same area as it is in the Malibu in the video.
redline870 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redline870
i am an idiot wrote:
Smart key or regular key?
Regular key
redline870 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redline870
i am an idiot wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkpbi2TmgCU
Same color wire and the amp is in the same area as it is in the Malibu in the video.
Thanks, I’ll try de-pinning that wire from the connector and see how it goes. Appreciate it!
redline870 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2019 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redline870
It must not be the same color wire because the factory amp doesn’t have a wire that color. It has a violet wire with a brown stripe. Could that be it? I don’t want to cut a wire to find out it’s not the right wire
onlylive_once 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2020 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote onlylive_once
Just dealt with this in my buddies mega cab. We went the route of depinning and he hated the noise cancellation being totally disconnected. Too much road noise. So I hooked mics back up and installed a bass blocker before the lc2i. No more noise cancellation tones in the sub and the lc2i replaces the missing bass. 2014 Chevrolet Impala, Subwoofer Install, Noise Cancellation Issue -- posted image.
redline870 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2020 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redline870
I eventually found the wire and disconnected it and he’s been happy with it since then. I’m not going to open a can of worms and offer to go above and beyond if he’s happy with it because I didn’t get paid for this install, it’s just a friend.
Installing the bass blockers before the LOC didn’t block the bass notes going to the LOC? I feel like it would...
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 23, 2020 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Bass blockers depend on the impedance of the speaker to work. Same bass blocker, 2 different crossover frequencies 4 ohm vs. 8 ohm. The input impedance of the LC2 is probably 1,000 ohms.
onlylive_once 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2020 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote onlylive_once
Honestly man I was shocked it worked, I figured poweres subwoofer wire it was 2 or 4ohm. I bridged one if the pair of wires instead of running both sets to lc2, i had to do the same on a vette because there was too much signal. I found this way just works and sounds good. I also figured the lc2 might add back the missing bass with the bass blocker. Like i said it was a shot in the dark and my buddy is happy. And i feel ya i charged him $150 and spent like 16 hours on his truck. This kinda doodie makes me not even wanna fw the new stuff anymore. Miss the good ole days.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic