the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix, Passkey 3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
david brinkman 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2019 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote david brinkman
I found a aftermarket alarm tucked away in by the headlight switch and all the wires but two were tapped into from the alarm to my factory wire I found a dark green with a small white stripe and a bigger black with a white stripe grounded to the firewall which both come out of the factory harness above the bcm. I took them off where the person grounded them to the firewall and the bigger black and white shows five volts. I'm not sure where either of them go. I also noticed there is a wire that has been attached to another in the harness right before all of them go through the firewall. Not exactly sure what colors they are but they are light colored wires. I have checked everything and I have fire and fuel pressure. The injectors are not getting any ground pulse. It will start rite up with starting fluid and run as long as I spray starting fluid. I been without a car to go anywhere for over a month and my mom had a stroke and I badly need it running to get her to appointments and rehab.
David Brinkman
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2019 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpalmer
Are there any lights on in the dash? Do you know the model number of the alarm that is behind the headlight switch?
david brinkman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2019 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote david brinkman
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XYHZdKxtYNsFY1Mq8
David Brinkman
david brinkman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2019 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote david brinkman
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XYHZdKxtYNsFY1Mq8
David Brinkman
david brinkman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2019 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote david brinkman
No, I removed the aftermarket alarm and the dark green from the harness and the black and white were grounded and I think the black and white is supposed to be grounded but it does show five volts but I don't know what the dark green and white is supposed to go to. I can hook the green and white to the five volts black and white and the traction control light comes on. The two wires connected in the harness in the video I'm not sure about
David Brinkman
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2019 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpalmer
Sorry the photo link wouldn't show for me. If it were mine I would ground those wires and try again. could be showing 5v. due to internal circuits searching for ground.
david brinkman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2019 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote david brinkman
Can you give me bypass number info so I can bypass at bcm? Passkey 3 2000 Grand Prix. Ty
David Brinkman

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic