the12volt.com spacer
icon

IOD Fuse Issue, Battery Drain

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spmorgan92 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2019 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spmorgan92
Everything that I have found that has been installed:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-wPEE03TUWh7/p_607DBALL2/XpressKit-DBALL2-Databus-All-Interface-Module.html
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_249SOOCR26/Crux-SOOCR-26-Wiring-Interface.html?awcp=1t1&awcr=109265717123&awdv=m&awkw=soocr+26&awmt=p&awnw=g&awug=9029321&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_rfvBRCPARIsANlV66MDOSN0KBtJSsDovfgysiDfbloZcXZcObSXInIDl4e-q7M0rr01mSEaArhSEALw_wcB
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWM750B/JVC-KW-M750BT.html
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV300/SiriusXM-SXV300V1-Tuner.html
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_220ACA800/Audiovox-ACA800.html
spmorgan92 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2019 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spmorgan92
Yes I cut the whole CRUX module out and ran my own switch wire to the fuse box. I can unplug radio harness and see what my meter says if that might be keeping it powered up
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 09, 2019 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
No need, as long as the crux box is gone, it is not the problem I have seen.
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 09, 2019 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Disconnect the battery for a minute or 2 if you have not done that since this problem.
spmorgan92 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2019 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spmorgan92
Just ground or both cables? Ground has been disconnected for a few days
spmorgan92 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2019 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spmorgan92
Well today I had a chance, after working nights and watching the kiddo, to finally get back to tearing stuff apart. Went straight to the cluster. First plug I pulled my amp draw dropped from 1.23 down to .37. Stays the same completely unplugged. Guessing I'll have to get a new cluster? If so, do I HAVE to purchase from dealership, or can I buy a junkyard find and have the dealership program it? EDIT: cannot buy from dealership because the 831AH cluster has been discontinued. Waiting on a call back from service dept to tell me if I can buy an ebay or elsewhere cluster and have them program.
Also noticed there is no keyless entry reciever behind cluster? Maybe the DBALL2 was installed because it came without keyless entry from factory? Still showing the .37 amps, so I'll start pulling some other fuses and see what else is drawing power. EDIT: DBALL2 does not have any control over keyless entry. Unplugged, the key still locks and unlocks truck. Maybe it is somewhere else? Service manual says it should be behind cluster.
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 10, 2019 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
.37 amps is normal. Once the computer shuts down you will be in an acceptable range.
spmorgan92 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2019 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spmorgan92
Yep! Thank god I finally found it. Thanks to your help. Now onto my next problem of trying to get a new cluster in. 🤦‍♂️ Found a circuit board place online that repairs them, going to send it in and if that doesn't work I guess I'll just put the battery cut off switch back in. Sure wish Dodge clusters would auto program so all I had to do was buy one from a salvage yard and plug it in.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic