the12volt.com spacer
icon

Flashlogic FLCART Programming, 2016 Volkswagen Jetta

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bill7774 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2019 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Hello all. I am having trouble getting my flashlogic,FLCART(DL)-VW5-EN, programed. I have a 2016 vw jetta sport, push to start, prestige APS997Z and ADS-TBSL-VW1. I am getting 8 flashes which means "No data from BCM. Unlock vehicle with OEM remote and retry module programming. If error persist, contact tech support." I already tried to unlock with the OEM remote ofcourse.
Can someone tell me where to start?
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2019 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
To start with, I would suggest checking the CAN H/L wiring to the vehicle.
1.) A little more information would help...Is the Jetta: Hybrid or Gas? Standard key or PTS? Automatic or Manual? 3 or 2 pin BCM?
2.) Is your module firmware flashed correctly? Did you program the FLCART firmware after inserting it into the APS977, or are you relying on a 3rd party to program the module? Did the Firmware program OK?
3.) There is a slight typo in the install guide for FLCART (DL)-VW5-EN. The table for 2016 PTS AT 3 Pin BCM Jetta has CAN L as Pin 16 in the table and Pin 15 in the Diagram.   Color is listed as Orange/Brown. The correct wiring for CAN L is Pin 15, and Color is Orange Brown; Pin 16 is CAN H, color is Orange/Green.
4.) CAN connections are sensitive, and connection integrity is important. Soldering is recommended.
5.) Since you are at the programming stage, I would also go back and confirm the wiring to the vehicle is correct.
Hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2019 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
1. Its Gas PTS automatic 2 pin at BCM
2. I inserted it into the APS977 and programed it myself. Flashing went fine as far as I can tell. One thing I was wondering about, the firmware is for jetta and doesnt list "jetta sport". Do you know if it would be the same firmware? I did see where it would have 9 flashes if "the Vehicle selected during flash process does not match VIN".
I just did the same setup on my wifes chevy avalanche without any issues.
3. I did have the correct info on the CAN wires. I used the wirecolor website along with the flaslogic diagram.
I will go out here shorty and double check all the wiring.
Thanks for taking the time to respond with such detail.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2019 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
I just saw where you said to Solder the CAN wires. I will have to go do that. I had used posi-tap connectors on most the connections because the wires are so small and I have a habit of cutting right threw them.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Update: I had the lock/unlock wire hooked up to the wrong wire at the BCM. I checked all the wiring was correct and checked continuity. All good. Same problem however. I noticed my OEM keyfob would only work with the car off. I unhooked the remote start and still not working with ignition on or running. Tried to unhook the battery, take it for a drive. No change. So it looks like I have a bigger issue. Bad BCM? Flashlogic FLCART Programming, 2016 Volkswagen Jetta -- posted image.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
bill7774 wrote:
I noticed my OEM keyfob would only work with the car off
This is normal behavior for nearly all cars.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Thanks for the info. You are correct.
Can anyone confirm if the firmware is the same for the Jetta and Jetta Sport (both PTS,Auto, 2 plug at BCM)? There is not a listing for the jetta sport so I wonder if its different?
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
The firmware version (DL)-VW5-EN (Type 1 install) looks to be correct. This covers all the Jetta versions except for the GLI (which has a 3 pin BCM). The OEM fobs usually don't work with the car running--Did your OEM Fobs work with the vehicle running prior to the install?
So far you've improved the integrity of the CAN connections, and confirmed (and corrected) the wiring. Please also confirm the banded end of the diode used in the install is toward the remote start. At this point I would disconnect the APS977 and perform a factory reset on the FLCART, reprogram the (DL)-VW5-EN firmware, and reconnect the APS977 (making sure all the plugs are well seated), and with things cleaned up, give the programming another try.
Lectric Guy
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
The OEM keyfob prob didn't work while running before. I just didn't realize.
One thing I was confused about. The ADS-TBSL-VW1. The instructions say "WHEN USED IN DATA MODE, THE ADS-TBSL-VW1
MUST BE FLASHED FOR 2-WAY INSTALLATION MODE/PROTOCOL".
My options when flashing are iDatalink 2-Way or DBI. The PS997Z has the option of ADS or DBI. What options do I choose?
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
I didn't realize that you were using 2 modules (Type 1+ install). Use idatalink 2-way on the ADS Module and ADS protocol on the Prestige APS997Z.
Hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic