the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Nissan Rogue, Bose Amp Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsigna 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2020 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
Happy New Years all!
I am going to install an Alpine Equalizer / DSP system along with an Kenwood amplifier in a week for my uncle.
This will be replacing his factory Bose amplifier and retaining his factory radio.
I am looking for the wiring of the Radio > Amplifier (amp input). The provided document on this page had a lot of good info, including amp output wiring for the speakers.
For the Bose system, there is no clear wiring for the input wires.
Can any of you guys help me out?
Thanks in advanced!!
-Justin
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 02, 2020 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2020 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
This is EXACTLY what I want.
Wow. Thanks!
I signed up and have not received an confirmation email yet. However your link worked.
1 more question. When I disconnect the factory amp, do you think there is a chance that the factory microphone / could be affected. I want to get logged into BBBI asap to look at the other plug on the amp to see if any of these wires need to be connected besides the speakers.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 02, 2020 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you replace the factory amp with an aftermarket, you lose use of the factory mic.
I don't think there's either a PAC AmpPro or an idatalink Maestro for the Rogue, so your options are likely limited.
You could get signal after the factory amp, which would add complexity, since you're dealing with 8 channels out (plus sub) instead of 4 channels in.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2020 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
Oh no.. That is an absolute show stopper for me.
Could you send me the link for the other plug on the amp? You sent the output side (output for the most part).
Could you send me the link for the input side? I cannot create an account for some reason. They never email me.
I would have assumed the factory mic plugs into the radio. Confused as to the purpose of the amp being involved.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2020 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
MI just unplugged both amp plugs, speakers obviously did not work, but Mic worked!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic