the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706 2-Way Remote Will Not Sound When Alarm Sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtlov21ehtx 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2020 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtlov21ehtx
Friends,
My Viper 5706 two way remote does not sound when the alarm goes off. I do have the alarm set to "NOT" chirp when arming and disarming. The two does not seem to be related to me.
Is this a settings issue or how do I diagnose the problem?
Sincerely
Xtlov
He that know little don't even know that he knows little.
jvwilson101 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2020 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jvwilson101
Those functions are not related to an alarm triggered state. Check for voltage at the siren output positive on the 8 pin harness during a triggered state. Brown wire on 8 pin viper harness to positive on DMM and black on DMM to chassis ground. Set DMM to 20V. You should see 12V on the output during a triggered state.
xtlov21ehtx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2020 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtlov21ehtx
The alarm works fine, I am talking about the two way key fob that is supposed to also beep when the alarm is triggered.
My neighbor has an alarm that goes off often and I cannot tell if it is his or mine.
jvwilson101 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2020 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jvwilson101
Oh okay, I understand now. I have the 5706V in my car as well. When my FOB acted up once in the past I was able to clear things up by COMPLETELY disconnecting the battery wires and connecting the two cables together for about ten minutes. I forget where I read about this, but it did clear up the FOB issue I was having(triple shutdown notification on remote start key takeover). Be careful with this though as on many newer vehicles this may cause other issues like window relearn needed etc. Perhaps just disconnect power and ground from the 5706V by disconnecting the 8 pin at the brain and jumper the power and ground pins on the alarm brain together for about ten minutes.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2020 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Try unplugging the antenna harness and reseating the connection.
Steve G
xtlov21ehtx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2020 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtlov21ehtx
I forgot to mention that the fob does otherwise function. It arms and disarms the system and opens the rear door.
The fob does not beep as it is supposed to when the alarm is triggered.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2020 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Have you verified you can set off the alarm and that you're not in valet mode?
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
xtlov21ehtx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2020 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtlov21ehtx
Yes, I triggered the alarm myself and yes I am sure that the alarm is not set to valet mode.
I do, however, have the alarm set to where the siren does not chip when arming and disarming the system.
jvwilson101 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2020 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jvwilson101
Have you tried what I recommended above yet?
xtlov21ehtx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2020 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtlov21ehtx
jvwilson101 wrote:
Have you tried what I recommended above yet?
I am not going to try your first suggestion, but as for your second suggestion I will have to get a second opinion as to what possible dangers it poses.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic