the12volt.com spacer
icon

DEI 506T Triggering While Arming, 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtinctelise 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2020 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
I have a Viper 5906V connected to multiple sensors.
Vehicle: 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor. Push to Start w/factory alarm & remote start
To save a few mA of power when the system is disarmed I have wired all of the sensors to the orange GWA (Ground When Armed) output. Most of the sensors work just fine in this configuration. The sensors are:
504D Shock Sensor
507M Tilt Sensor
508D Field Disturbance Sensor
506T Audio Sensor
Alpine Shock Sensor (old school, ultra sensitive, was waisting 5 mA in standby mode)
When I arm the system it will trigger the 506T Audio Sensor and the Alpine Shock Sensor for the 1st 2-3 seconds and cause the FOB to report a warning condition that a zone is open upon arming. Obviously pressing Arm a 2nd time resolves the issue.
Does anyone have any ideas if there is a way to bypass or ignore a trigger condition for a few seconds after arming, maybe via a setting?
Otherwise I may need to use a time delay relay or something to interrupt the trigger condition briefly. I already have a relay inline to interrup the Shock Sensor during a window down condition to prevent rolling down windows from triggering the alarm while it is armed.
Thanks!
DEI 506T Triggering While Arming, 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor -- posted image.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2020 at 4:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You should be able to link an aux output to arm and program for the times setting. It doesn't have to be aux1, but look at menu 2, options 9 and 10. Without a bitwriter this will be a 30 second delay. A bitwriter can set it from 1 to 90 seconds.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2020 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
geepherder wrote:
You should be able to link an aux output to arm and program for the times setting.
Thanks for the reply geepherder.
But I am not following your response. Menu 2, Options 9 & 10 and the bitwriter Options 4 & 5 all deal with the AUX 1 Output.
I am looking to prevent the Audio and Shock Sensor from trigger a warning while Arming the system, (see images below). So I am not seeing how the AUX 1 Outputs relate to the MUX Sensor 1/Sensor 2 ports triggering.
Can you expand on that relationship?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2020 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You could use one of the aux outputs (aux1 in my example) to trigger a relay, which would interrupt the triggers for your sensors.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2020 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Question--Did you diode isolate each sensor's connection to the Ground When Armed signal?
Lectric Guy
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2020 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
geepherder wrote:
You could use one of the aux outputs (aux1 in my example) to trigger a relay, which would interrupt the triggers for your sensors.
That is an idea, thanks. But in my case I am already out of AUX outputs and am using a channel expander to be able to gain more. I was looking for a solution that would not require extra key presses when arming the vehicle.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2020 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
lectricguy wrote:
Question--Did you diode isolate each sensor's connection to the Ground When Armed signal?
Yes most every sensor is diode isolated on GWA. But I would need to double check if the 2 in question share a single diode on the GWA wire.
In this case, what issue were you thinking might come up if they were not diode issolated? Because it appears the sensors just trigger during their inital boot up sequence.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2020 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
You want to isolate the sensors from anything else on the GWA line...other sensors or relays. Different sensors become active at different times, and can affect adjacent sensors particularly if the adjacent sensors are sensitive from ringing, noise pulses, etc.
Lectric Guy
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2020 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
xtinctelise wrote:
...it appears the sensors just trigger during their inital boot up sequence.
That's exactly what is happening. Grounding all the sensors to the GWA output is not recommended, and diode isolating each of the ground wires to the GWA wire will make no difference. Ground all the sensors properly so they are ready to go when you arm the system.
DEI 506T Triggering While Arming, 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2020 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
the12volt wrote:
Ground all the sensors properly so they are ready to go when you arm the system.
Just the Alpine Shock Sensor alone is pulling 5mA when the system is disarmed, so while this is not much of a concern, it does add up over time for a vehicle that is not driven daily. I am working to get the standby current as close to 0mA as possible.
Just a followup question, what is the typical standby current for a un-armed Viper system? Currently my 5906V is using 32mA on standby with all the sensors hooked to GWA. I would have guessed this would be no more than 20mA, but I have never measured my other Viper alarms so I have nothing to compare it to.
Thank you for the replies, they are appreciated! DEI 506T Triggering While Arming, 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic