the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5906V, How to Send Short Auxiliary Pulse?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtinctelise 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2020 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
I have a Viper 5906V working in:
Vehicle: 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor. Push to Start w/factory alarm & remote start
I initially hooked up a 450T Channel Expander and got it working properly with either AUX 1 or AUX2. I programmed the unit and was surprised that after selecting the AUX channel with the LCD remote, I could just keep pressing the button each time to select which channel on the expander to use. It worked great.
I then wired up the unit to use AUX3 and took the 5906V to the dealer to program AUX1 and AUX2 to Window icon types. (Note sure if they changed the Timed Output from the default 30seconds, they claimed they did not).
Fast forward. AUX 3 is only triggering channel #1 of the 450T Channel Exander because it is sending a 1 second pulse. I need a shorter pulse so that it only sends a ground while the button is pressed so I can continue to press AUX multiple times to fire the 450T correctly. I worked with the DEI dealer and they played around with the setting on AUX 3 but nothing was working. It only allowed the Channel Expander to send output #1 because it is only seeing 1 long one second pulse.
I tried hooking AUX1 and AUX2 back up and now neither of those work (probably due to changing the settings).
When I mannually tap the Channel Expander input wire to ground it is working properly, so the issue is the Viper 5906V is sending too long of an AUX pulse of 1 second.
QUESTION:
How can I confirgure any AUX output on the 5906V to send a less than 1 second pulse? And what would this pulse type be called? My research leads me to believe that Validatity and Pulse are the same and cant be less than 1 second. But this was working intially with the default factory settings.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2020 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Try programming to validity instead of times.
Validity outputs only as long as you hold the button.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2020 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
I noticed in Menu 2 - Convenience that Item 13 = AUX 3 Output Type can be set to Validity with Opt. 1. I set that to the default=Validity.
I also set Item 14 = AUX 3 Linking to the default = No Linking
I still have the same results where the output on AUX 3 is constant for 1 second.
I am confused because the Bitwriter - Only Options also have a similar choice. You can select Item 8 = AUX 3 Timed Output (seconds). The default=30 sec. but I think the DEI dealer set this to 1 second. So in order for Validity in Menu 2 above to work, does this Bitwritter option have to be set back to its Default of 30 seconds? This is very confusing because it seems there are 2 different menu choices to change the same output behavior. And I cannot easily toggle the Bitwritter setttings in my testing. I may just have to order a XKLoader3 and try them all.
Thoughts?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 02, 2020 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You could also try shortening the output with something like this:
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram43.html
You may have to try different values.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2020 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
Unfortunately that will not work because the alarm needs to send multiple short bursts in a short timeframe, and if the AUX output does not go high again on its own, then it will not fire a 2nd pulse and allow the Channel Expander to pick it up.
This was working when I tested everything with jumpers but after programming and hard wiring it, it is no longer working, I am just trying to determine what software settings are needed so I can reprogram it to work again.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2020 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
I found that using Timed with it set to 1 second works.   Ironically Timed gives shorter bursts that Validity. So Timed with 1 second is what is required for a 450T or 450R to work properly with a Viper Security System.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2020 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
With the LCD remote, there is a channel selector on the side. You scroll to like AUX 4 and then press the AUX button, but with the channel expander you have to quickly scroll back to AUX 4 and press it each time for it to count the number of button presses. I am sure in testing that I had it able to keep AUX 4 selected so you could just press the AUX button repeatidly without reselecting it each time.
QUESTION
Does anyone know how to basically lock or keep the AUX4 selection in effect as long as you are pressing the AUX key repeatedly?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic